X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProPress unions on water heaters

For those who use unions on water heater installs (I know that some do not), do you use the Propress dielectric unions or the standard bronze unions.

For a while I was not able to get press unions so I was using Brass Female NPT unions on the heater with a bronze male press adapter. Lately I have been using the straight bronze Female NPT X press unions.

-Chris

Re: ProPress unions on water heaters

on the 1.5 amnd 2'' i use cxc press unions. on 3/4'',1'' and 1.25'' i use mip x press unions as needed. but typically i use flexes on the 3/4'' and 1''.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      on the 1.5 amnd 2'' i use cxc press unions. on 3/4'',1'' and 1.25'' i use mip x press unions as needed. but typically i use flexes on the 3/4'' and 1''.

rick.
      MIP X press? do you take the dielectric nipples out?

Comment

typically on the newer residential heaters the 3/4'' are factory installed and i use flexes. the larger ones i use the brass unions as my dielectric without issues.

dielectric unions are pretty much useless. dielectric nipples are decent if they don't contain those stupid check style balls.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I hate to see dialetric unions classifies as useless. If nothing else they make for an easy swap 10-15 years later. I have a customer with the same unions I installed 20 years ago, of course not the same water heater(s).

David

Comment

Working...
          X