X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question 2-1/2 to 4 inch Ridgid threader

This is the first of a large lot of different threaders i am evaluating and will sell on ebay.
    Is there a way to identify when it was manufactured?
    How are the dies removed
    Attached Files

Re: question 2-1/2 to 4 inch Ridgid threader

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t42003/

did a little looking and found it listed in old calenders, and you can read the post and see the info I found there, between 54 and 65 may be 66 is my guess,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

the 4-p has been discontinued years ago for the current 141 threader.

4 p requires different dies for each size of pipe, while the 141 doesn't.

first person to give you $250. sold. good luck.

what dies do you have for it? installed?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The dies are installed. While the unit works like new i have never tried to remove the dies.
        Is there a video of someone actually using one of these?
        Also some of the units appear to have cutters i nstalled. All the units have dies and cutters.
        Attached Files

Comment

the old model the 4P each pipe size is a different die, (I have never seen the old 4P unit in person, but it appears that they made different lengths for each size of pipe it could thread), and the newer unit 141 uses one die set and moves them in and out depending on the pipe being threaded,

and the cost of the dies IMO are not cheap,

on page 17 of the 300 manual there is some instruction on its use as well, but they can be used with the hand ratchet and the power threaders,

parts list and manual below

the unit basically clamps on to the pipe and then is gear driven to thread the pipe,
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BHD; 11-04-2012, 04:46 PM.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

looks like someone found the keys to the lost ridgid vault. not even sure ridgid has a stash that old laying around.

unless someone has the dies, the cost of replacement dies 2.5-4'' would cost an arm and a leg.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X