Footing drain project link with pics.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footing drain project link with pics.

Here is a neat little job, the pics of the clogged old pipes will kill you, nope not even a spartan 300 could clear them lol.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5152440&type=1

Problem with this house is there is an iron deposit always being flushed in the water table that is just like real thick rust. Clogs everything. We are only half way into this and am posting pictures as we do stages of completion.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Footing drain project link with pics.

Wow. They have a nightmare.

Comment

Whats the longterm plan? Sch. 40 PVC? Cleanouts? Some iron salt dumped in every once in awhile?

Comment

since this involves another trade/ water proofing, did you need to get a specialty license and more insurance.

out here we would have to sub it out or have the proper license and insurance.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Here it's different, a plumber may work inside the foundation walls only on a specialty license, I found out because we got in trouble doing a water line (no trouble just a warning) I switched to a General Contractor License and Insurance so I can work outside the foundation and for the most part thats what we do now.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Long term is 2 four inch pvc pipes instead of the one we usually do, no filter sock on the pipe like normal because the iron will clog it, the lines are going to different locations incase one fails. Cleanouts for Jetting when needed. A one inch PVC line with holes drilled in it one end brought to the surface it will be to flood out the rock (1.5") so that the pipe will be fed with water. This is not the first one of these I have had to battle and have learned some lessons along the way.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

another thing Rick is out here because of all the rain the (waterproofer guys) are terrible no cleanouts , short turn 90's, Tee's, corrugated flex tubing, pea gravel the list goes on and on. The coating is easy the design for long term and maintenance is the key.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                another thing Rick is out here because of all the rain the (waterproofer guys) are terrible no cleanouts , short turn 90's, Tee's, corrugated flex tubing, pea gravel the list goes on and on. The coating is easy the design for long term and maintenance is the key.
                Corrugated Flex is garbage,collapses , many building depts. won't allow it. I work from Geo Tech. Prints N directions Big filter fabric
                Burrito , drain rock 4 inch perf holes DOWN . Clean outs, always
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                X