Black Iron Cutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Iron Cutter

Ridgid should make a handheld, powered, black iron cutter for the field to go along with Viega's Megapress system.

Might be able to power it off a handheld threader head or the power unit somehow. Get double duty out of what you already have that way. Or come up with something totally new and lighter.

Put your thinking caps on.

Re: Black Iron Cutter

Originally posted by bobsplumbing View Post
    ridgid should make a handheld, powered, black iron cutter for the field to go along with viega's megapress system.

Might be able to power it off a handheld threader head or the power unit somehow. Get double duty out of what you already have that way. Or come up with something totally new and lighter.

Put your thinking caps on.
    they n others do "14" chop saw carb. Blade ! "
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      they n others do "14" chop saw carb. Blade ! "
      I want to work with you.

Comment

the multi cutter that uses the carbide blade and spins at half the rpm as a cop saw with little to no sparks is a great fast cutter.

but for production work on the larger 2.5 - 8'', this is the bomb uses the 700 to run the cutter wheel. 258 Power Pipe Cutter - RIDGID Professional Tools

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

All good. Just thinking portability, weight, noise, space needed, blah, blah blah.

A portable, powered, handheld, lighter, black iron cutter would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
            I want to work with you.
            Bob ,I am also a welder LOTSO OPTIONS ON METAL.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              the multi cutter that uses the carbide blade and spins at half the rpm as a cop saw with little to no sparks is a great fast cutter.

but for production work on the larger 2.5 - 8'', this is the bomb uses the 700 to run the cutter wheel. 258 Power Pipe Cutter - RIDGID Professional Tools

rick.
              Many companies already makes such a saw. Works great on all types of metal and much better then the traditonal chop saw blade.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'll call n raise you boys. Evolution metal cutting saw u tube

Comment

for pipe you need the 14'' blade. the evolution saw is great for sheet goods and some angle iron.

my 14 dewalt multi cutter chop saw will easily out perform a circular type saw on pipe cutting.

ridgid also sells the same type of chop saw.

i have a milwaukee and makita circular metal cutting saw and they do cut up to 1.25'' steel pipe very nicely.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Milwaukee cordless bandsaw they also have a chop saw type table for them they even have a 12 volt version.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                      Milwaukee cordless bandsaw they also have a chop saw type table for them they even have a 12 volt version.
                      Thanks Seanny ,forgot about My Porta band saw.

Comment

i have the milwaukee bandsaw table. it's not bad, but the chain vice is a pain in the a$$ and poor design. the cuts are not always true 90 degree/ square. the pivot arm and saw mount is just not beefy enough along with the blade that can wonder.

the 14'' chop saw with the metal cutting carbide blade ir much more precise. but the blades are very expensive if you trash 1.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I saw a Youtube video of a Rothenberger pipe cutter, but, I'd hate to price it.

Comment

very interesting. the roller wheels have a 1 direction ratchet action. looks like it cuts down to 2'' copper. and possibly up to 6'' steel. very little sparks on steel and very little dust on cement lined.

big blade arbor and stabilizer. interesting concept.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Great thread. I met with Milwaukee tool designer a year ago, and suggested they make a larger version of their little copper cutter that could cut black iron pipe. I have to cut a lot of tees in attics for gas leak repairs, and it would be great to cut a straighter, cleaner edge. I am wanting this for when I finally break my piggy jar open and buy the mega press jaws. I think it would be best to have a true cut. Rather than a crooked sawzall cut. Also talked to them about developing a thermal imager that is specifically for slab leak locates. I vision a day, where you walk into a house with an thermal imager, and you can see the pipes below slab in the dirt. If you have a hot leak, then inject cold water into the line and watch the blue and red mix and spill out under the slab with the imager. This would take the guess work out of slab leaks. And don't lie to me and tell me that you can pinpoint every slab leak with your listening equipment. I know you can't. I also said that they need to rework the copper tube cutter to cut soft copper better and to have a stronger reverse. We will see, if any of these ever come to pass. I used to talk to ridgid about this stuff, and am still waiting on their version of slab leak listening equipment. That was in 1999.
                              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Working...
                              X