Copper propress ridgid jaw identification needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper propress ridgid jaw identification needed

I just got this 1.25" fullsize propress jaw, it looks different than all my others, little 1/4 moons at the corners. All my other jaws are flat and 6 sided. Maybe this is an early jaw? Or somebody used it for something it was not made for? It is a ridgid made jaw.Any comments welcome Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Copper propress ridgid jaw identification needed

While I am thinking about it here is a picture of a copper 2" jaw with what looks like a ding in the jaw, I have never used it but may need to soon. Do you think the ding shown would effect the fitting?
    Attached Files
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

there is a code/ date stamp on the jaw casting.can't see it clear enough to see the date.

the propress jaws are hand polished and final tested on a test jig at the factory in elyria, ohio

the nick might just be a tattle tale mark to id it's from a ridgid jaw.

at 1 time they required ridgid jaws for ridgid/ viega fittings. now everything is pretty much interchangeable.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Hey Rick maybe I am seeing it wrong but it looks like the 2" jaw is out of alignment. Wouldnt that effect the press?????????????
        Over here Viega have the market as they are the only ones with >2" up to 4". We are getting absolutely reamed by Viega, no opposition

Comment

the jaw is only out of alignment as it's not centered on a fitting. with only 2 pins holding the jaws together, it will move freely until you put it in a machine and center it around a fitting.

are the viega jaws really viega, or ridgid jaws?

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X