X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressing question

Has anyone one pressed a mip hose bib to a pro press coupling ? Not sure if it would work as the brass bib is so hard. I normally use a fip adapter. Thanks, Sewer Rat

Re: pressing question

Not sure if you've got your terms right. Mip is a male iron pipe thread. So its impossible to press it into a coupling. But a cts/ sweat hose bibb is more likely the choice. 3/4" would be the size. 1/2" would work with a couple inches of 1/2" copper soldered into it.

No I haven't, and I wouldn't try it. 2 reasons. If the bibb ever needed replacement, you're screwed. Plus I don't think the brass bibb would like the crimping affect.

Personally I would still use a male or female press fitting. Never a soldered on bibb anymore.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick I knew I could count on you, I meant a Soldered type hose bib (male) pressed to a coupling. I may try it today to see if it works.

Comment

SR, still don't understand.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I've done it. It works. Don't recommend it.

Comment

I use a drop eared elle or a flanged fip for my hose bibb installs. I really don't want to crawl back under a house to put in a new faucet
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              Not sure if you've got your terms right. Mip is a male iron pipe thread. So its impossible to press it into a coupling. But a cts/ sweat hose bibb is more likely the choice. 3/4" would be the size. 1/2" would work with a couple inches of 1/2" copper soldered into it.

No I haven't, and I wouldn't try it. 2 reasons. If the bibb ever needed replacement, you're screwed. Plus I don't think the brass bibb would like the crimping affect.

Personally I would still use a male or female press fitting. Never a soldered on bibb anymore.

Rick.

so can you press a mip fitting over a previously soldered pipe? I don't like fire from the torch to swet on a mip and if you could squeeze a pro press fitting that would be awesome

Comment

Working...
              X