X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid threader 1822 switch question

Hello I inherited a 1822 all in one threader machine that could not be repaired from an employee. There was no switch on the unit. I replaced the start cap and followed the wiring diagram to get it to run in forward and reverse by tying the appropriate wires together. I ordered the switch but it came in with out jumpers installed. I have taken a volt meter and diagrammed the switch as to how it works but I would like a diagram of how it hooks up.I have it set up the way the book says but i am obviously missing jumpers. Thanks in advance.

Re: Ridgid threader 1822 switch question

This is the best I found.

Support - RIDGID Professional Tools

See the #1instruction sheet page 1 second print. 120 volt 60hz.

Also #3 parts breakdown page 4.

Rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-05-2013, 10:37 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thank you. That is the diagram i have as well as the one printed on the machine. As you can see it takes a bit of thought to see how it all works. Really you are reversing the two motor wires while many connections stay the same on both forward and reverse. I have the switch wired this way now but no go. There are jumpers that need to be installed some place. I am wondering if ridgid sent the wrong switch to me. The switch is made in Germany and none of the part numbers on it cross to any of the diagrams on the switch manufacturers web site. I have about 5 pages of diagrams with colored markers of how the switch works from my probing with the ohm meter. Good times.

Comment

Thank you Ridgid for going out and opening a new switch and sending me a picture by email of the proper jumper settings. Above beyond by far.

Comment

please post the picture here so people can reference it in the future.
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
          X