No announcement yet.

Steel Dragon Threaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta do what you gotta do brother however you can find all sorts of lightly used RIDGID threaders among others right now, today on CL San Diego. I realize its hard to buy USA sometimes, many things just aren't made here anymore and because we have a higher standard of living things are going to cost much more to make here so manufacturers looking to expand have gone elsewhere not just China.

The Chinese however are quick to move into industries than can bring in cash regardless of intellectual property rights. Many different industries are getting ripped off, out foxed and outsmarted by getting into bed with a society thats ravaged by a generation of communism and seek to grab onto some if not all of our wealth.

For me I just don't want to help an economic adversary out anymore that I have to, we may faceing them in battle sooner than we think.

Comment

• Drain-slayer
      Drain-slayer commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately chinese products are completely unavoidable.

• Plumber Punky
      Plumber Punky commented
      Editing a comment
      at least you know what youre getting with a new chinese product. craigslist is a crapshoot

• Mightyservant
      Mightyservant commented
      Editing a comment
      No question, we had supplier begin manufacturing almost all the hanger attachments we use in China which sucked because they are superior for our craft.
      They're nearest US competitor had ok products but are not very well designed, they look taco, always have, always will.
      So what do you do when the forming machines used to make the parts are packed up and sent to China, fed raw materials made to ISO quality standards and the products gets shipped back to the US to be sold by the same manufacturer only now it's stamped China?
      It sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I want to reply to this as old as it is. Steel dragon tools is a american company who buys CHINESE tools from a CHINESE knockoff. I have rebuilt Ridgid 300, 700, 535, and 1224 threaders for over 10 years. The steel dragon tools appear clean and pretty when they show up but are a complete hit or miss. Sometimes they work perfect, but more often then not they have a bad grinding noise to the motor, Worn or mis-shaped parts, They do not perform as well with regard to sound, power, speed, or dependability. The motor parts are cheap and last approximatley a year if you are lucky. That is with monthly NOT DAILY use and tested on many machines. That being said the steel dragon tools parts which are actually HONGLI parts parts china will work and do perform but you will have a rough sounding motor, harder centering chucks and tooling to use, and a weaker/ more vulnerable platform to work with. The parts are interchangeable as china copied Ridgid and is now selling Americans what they seem to want which is junk that looks pretty, at a cheaper price.

Hopefully people read this and catch on! Ridgid provides quality tools and takes pride as well as backs up their work! I have rebuilt RIDGID machines that are over 50 years old but have perfect motors and Perfect parts on them. I guarantee nobody will be REBUILDING a steel dragon/ HONGLI KNOCOKOFF machine ever.

Comment

Im going to update this thread regarding my SDT K-50 5/8" copy of the sewer machine and cables that I use 10+ times a month. To date, it is over 6 years old. It has had ZERO lubrication (no grease ports), no replacement parts, no repairs, no nothing... ever. It doesnt make problem noises, no bearing problems, no motor problems. It even took a big short/zap from an improperly wired electrical circuit. I often use it fully with the 85 feet of cable it came with. So far, it's more than paid for itself. More likely 10 plus times over. I know for a fact I could never say that about a Ridgid k-50. (I've used them before, so I do know.)

Every time I use it I say "maybe it'll puke this time" yet it never does. Ever. Always starts, always performs great. I do know if i have to rebuild it, it will will cost a fraction of what Ridgid would cost me for their product. For me, the ROI is far better on the SDT product than the Ridgid.

IMO the SDT is a better product for the investment. Ridgid doesnt make the quality of tools they once did.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I don't know. Even if the Steel Dragon tool was 100% the same, the idea of the intellectual thievery bothers me enough I would not touch one.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
        X