X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZsprinkie
    replied
    Re: Steel Dragon Threaders

My rule is- buy the most dependable tools, that you can afford, if you're using them for business, but, if you only need them a few times, maybe cheap ones are OK. Ridgid threaders will never let you down, if you follow the instructions. Im not below buying Harbor Freight tools etc. but I wouldn't count on them for my business.

Leave a comment:

• NYC LMP
    replied

Originally posted by Plumbfast View Post
    Great forum. Love the feedback, very helpful. I guess since it's a Ridgid forum no one has heard of Steel Dragon tools?

sure we have heard of them, but we woud not shame ourselves by bringing them on a jobsite.

Leave a comment:

• MoJourneyman
    replied

It's a fairly high torque electric motor, burn out is always a concern, but I've used ridgid threaders that were made when I was a kid. So when I bought tools to make my living with I decided not to take a chance

Leave a comment:

• ToUtahNow
    replied

Originally posted by Plumbfast View Post
    Great forum. Love the feedback, very helpful. I guess since it's a Ridgid forum no one has heard of Steel Dragon tools?
    Most of us have heard of them but why would a pro buy a cheap knock off just so that we can offer a review? When you need to use your tools to make a living you buy based on a reputation.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• killavolt
    replied

Quote off of their site: Our original production plants are in Japan and Taiwan, and now we have manufacturing plants all over the world. We currently distribute products to our distributors in Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and North America. Our products are known worldwide for dependability reliability and universality.

This indicates to me, at best they are made (or were) in Japan or Taiwan, at worst China. Since they are compatible with Ridgid could there be copying or patent infringement issues? I prefer to buy American when I can, just saying...

Leave a comment:

• Plumbfast
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Plumbfast
    started a topic Steel Dragon Threaders

Steel Dragon Threaders

Anyone have any experience with Steel Dragon power threaders? Pro's / Con's?
Working...
X