Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe threading

hello, collegues
    I'm prepearing short manual for plumbers aprentices - how to - pipe threading
    if any of you is willing to share basic tip on this matter is most welcome to do so.
    what is basic rules, precautions, when threading pipes with machine?

Re: pipe threading

how about this,
    http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/01D75C4...ader_Instr.pdf

Edit:
    want to apologize as some how my mind got thinking manual threading, not machine threading, you may want to add it to you instruction list any way,
    Last edited by BHD; 02-11-2013, 05:12 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Post a photo of the machine or model # and there should already be a detailed owners manual that exist.

Is it a ridgid machine, rems, rothenberger/ collins?

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

HAHA something wrong with this post. A your a pee an n ji neer wanting someone to tell them how to do something.

Comment

Please clarify for which model or machine are you asking?? Secondly Is this a manual threading or machine threading?

Comment

Originally posted by brikgreg View Post
            hello, collegues
            i'm prepearing short manual for plumbers aprentices - how to - pipe threading
            if any of you is willing to share basic tip on this matter is most welcome to do so.
            What is basic rules, precautions, when threading pipes with machine?
            Never ever,wear a necktie !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Always use spell check when writing your manual, and have it proof read by someone else.
              You are more likely to not see your own mistakes than a fresh set of eyes.

Using spell check on the forum never hurts either.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Always use spell check when writing your manual, and have it proof read by someone else.
                You are more likely to not see your own mistakes than a fresh set of eyes.

Using spell check on the forum never hurts either.
                Bob D. You forgot proper English--or whatever language he will use.

Comment

I think NHMaster has a video of himself demonstrating threading technique.

Comment

Actually, I don't understand why an apprentice needs a manual to learnt his most basic of pipe trades skills.
                    Isn't an apprentice by definition a person who works under the guidance for an expert in the field in order to
                    learn their trade?

How to use a rule, how to call out measurements, how to name a fitting, how to cut threads, these are all basic
                    skills necessary to cutting and threading pipe as we all know, and you learn them best not from a book but from
                    doing with someone coaching you.

So if a journeyman or master plumber is the best person to teach an apprentice, who should write a book about
                    the subject if one is needed?

You probably need a little of both worlds, the journeyman and the engineer. I think you need a co-author.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

I know there is a video of Rick threading faster than a machine some where on the forum, and He has a trophy to prove it,
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

You can't beat on the job training.

David

Comment

Yup.
                          I say, you listen and learn.
                          I do, you watch and learn some more.
                          You do, and I coach/correct where needed.
                          You're on your own, take it slow and build skill, speed comes later.
                          A few hundred times later you're a pro.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Befor, I cudden even spel plummer, but I red this book and now I r won!!

Comment

Injunears are like sand grains stuck in your underwear.
                              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
                              X