X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for pipe liner

have an interesting job i'm prepping for. the 3'' waste main for 2 bathrooms, kitchen and laundry is rotted approx 6' back from the garage footing. the pipe is buried in the slab under the front entry hall of the house.

had to cut out the 3'' san tee and install a 3'' no hub san cross. this will allow for reverse cleaning and then also for a liner. cut out the old tee and chipped out the block to allow me access to the 3'' cast iron. used a die grinder to cut back about 1.5'' back into the pipe. had to then remove the existing hub from the poured joint. banded it back and reconnected the risers.

used my seesnake to see the break, but it was so bad my camera actually fell into the rotted pipehad to push forward and pull back quick to jump the break.

will be going back next week to jet the scale off and see about lining the pipe.

rick.

the san tee branch picks up everthing but the master bathroom. that comes in from the top of the tee. sewer main is the 4'' at the floor.

used a 4.5'' grinder with cut off wheel to slice the tee at 3 locations and finshed it off with a sawzall.

chipped into the block to expose the balance of the hub. used a die grinder and wheel to cut off the hub from the inside.

banded the line together and did a running test. all ok.

all connected and tested out. 64' to the city main. and 6' in reverse to the break in the line.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-27-2013, 02:16 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Preparing for pipe liner

why descale it if it will be lined? You might make the hole bigger and harder to get the liner past.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Nice use of the die grinder. What blade do you use for that?

Comment

My eye goes to the cracked Conc. Block. Settlement cracks in Conc. walls crack on a 45 degree angle. Expansion cracks are straight up and down. Don't know about C.M.U. Is there a point load above, drainage issues, Bad footer ! SULLY
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          why descale it if it will be lined? You might make the hole bigger and harder to get the liner past.
          The flow line is scaled and I want the liner fully round. Top looks good. Just 5:00 and 7:00 are ruff.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Nice use of the die grinder. What blade do you use for that?
            Started with a 2" x 1/16" high speed cut off wheel. 25, 000 rpm. Once I made a decent cut moved up to a 3" wheel. Faster cut with surface speed. Hard part was I was still inside the hub and the lead was a good pour. Had the pipe cut, and then cracked, split the hub. Didn't want to grind the lead and then the hub.

Use my die grinder a lot. Even have diamond wheels. Its pretty much a dremel on steroids

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,NOW I NEED ONE! Please give info tanks tool
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Mine are dewalts. But my monster 1 is a milwaukee. In a pinch you can use a drywall cut out tool/ roto zip. 1/4" arbor.

Surprised you don't have 1 as a welder.

Rick
                phoebe it is

Comment

I have a small air one. Yours looks Powerful !

Comment

Rick,
                    Are you going to be doing the lining yourself or hiring someone to do that? Are you looking at a spot repair like the Fernco pipe patch system or looking to line the entire pipe?

Comment

I was going to. The supplier of the material was going to sell me the material I needed and I was going to push the liner in without inversion.

But the house is for sale and I don't want to worry about an issue. Hiring a company for the 6' line. I'll be jetting the line and the main. They will come out behind me to line. They also have w boiler to cure it faster and get it up and running. Set for 4/9. Will post photos when it happens.

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I just had my lateral, which runs under a deck, concrete walkway and my therapy patch (vegetable garden) to city main in an easement in my back yard, lined. 64 year old Orangeburg. I took the recommendation of the manager of one of the supply houses I trade with and they did a great job with little minimal to my precious garden beds. I got an unasked for discount. I will recommend them in the future.
                        Rick
                        Why a regular no hub coupling when a Mission CP200 makes a better joint when tying into service weight?

Comment

it was 3'' cast. i actually brought with me a few different transition bands and truthfully the regular 3'' nh band fit perfect. the od was perfect. no pinching or crushing of the band.

had cp33 and ck33 bands along with the 4 banded husky style bands.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X