X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Patch saves customer 17k

Here is a link to my facebook page it shows the beginning of a badly separated sewer to stub joint in the street. Here in Seattle The homeowner owns the line all the way to the city sewer stub and has to pay for all street repairs. We where just called to the neighbors but when I looked at it the line had dropped 50% or more so I could not help them, so they paid a little over 20k for the fix. It got everybody on that street nervous. The next person only had a slight drop and we where able to align it as well as patch it. You never know if it will pop back but when it does it's great!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seatt...82173475152440
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Pipe Patch saves customer 17k

Very cool. What keeps the riser/connection with the city sewer intact? I can see the patch repaired the sewer, but how do you know if the saddle/wye is still in good shape?
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Usually you can see cracks on the saddle and if there was then the city has to fix it. I could only see the customers pipe pulled back off the stub so thats why I bridged them, I got as close as I could. You never really know how these come out till it's done. I just cross my fingers lol And measure it 3-4 times to be sure.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Did you see what I was talking about Will on the tarps and then the boards thing? I took those pics at the beginning for you.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Yea I will have to do that next time. Sometimes I can really make a mess after a sewer replacement...
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

Comment

sounds like my job yesterday where i saved them 15k on a new sewer they were going to put in. they already had the street marked for cutting.

2 hours of jetting and camera work and the 6'' line was spottless. the owner was so impressed that she had her husband and 3 kids watch the video and they were amazed at the inline camera and jetting at the same time.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              sounds like my job yesterday where i saved them 15k on a new sewer they were going to put in. they already had the street marked for cutting.

2 hours of jetting and camera work and the 6'' line was spottless. the owner was so impressed that she had her husband and 3 kids watch the video and they were amazed at the inline camera and jetting at the same time.

rick.
              Rick am I reading it right that you have a camera in the drain while jetting..............????????????????

Comment

Yea I think everyone uses one to get the right spot, I stay back 5-10 feet when jetting though, I ruined a camera a long time ago by having it too close.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Saved them 17k ? You're telling me some handy hack wouldn't have done that for well under 1k ???

Comment

There is a guy out here that will open up a street, repair the sewer, and patch the street for 3K. I have always been tempted to bid the job for what I normally would get, and hire that guy to do the job.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      There is a guy out here that will open up a street, repair the sewer, and patch the street for 3K. I have always been tempted to bid the job for what I normally would get, and hire that guy to do the job.

Tempting yes but you know better than that

Comment

There's a reason he is cheap, I wouldn't put my name on his repair.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

Comment

We have a couple of them out here too. They already contract to the water boards and guaranteed they don't pay the fees which we have to if we do the same job. The Water Corporations turn a blind eye which is definitely not a level playing field. Another thing is the ASSET MAPPING SYSTEM. The Water Corporations inherited the system and now want to charge us for using it. Thing is the Taxpayers funded the system before they inherited the system. Our Water Corporations are so corrupt it is not funny.

Comment

Working...
                          X