Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Ready for the New RIDGID RP 340 Press Tool?

Built To Impress

Are you ready for the NEW RIDGID RP 340 Press Tool? The RP 340 has a 4" capacity and weighs only 8.3 pounds. It features a 270˚ rotating swivel barrel, perfect for getting at hard-to-reach connections. An available 18V Advanced Lithium 4 battery helps the RP 340 achieve more than 400 presses per charge, and it has an industry-leading service interval of 42,000 cycles. An optional AC power adapter can further maximize uptime job site to job site. Learn more:Have you experienced the new RP 340? Share your thoughts today and learn how the RP 340 is Built To Impress.
    Attached Files

Re: Are You Ready for the New RIDGID RP 340 Press Tool?

RTC...check your PM about the commercial for the 340.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Will the a/c adapter work with the 320? I have been telling all battery powered tool manufacturers that it is very possible to make an A/V adapter to power the tools.

I made one for my K40-B which also worked in my RP100B which sadly for stolen with my A/V power supply adapter.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Great question! The AC Power Adapter (catalog #44468) is capable of powering RIDGID 18V Press Tools. However, at launch, it will only be UL approved for use with the RP 340 Press Tool. Future approvals for the RP 330, RP 210-B and RP 200-B are in the works.

Comment

That is awesome. About time a manufacturer of a battery powered tool giving the end user an option to use a/c. Thank you.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

How about a light that comes on when you are 1000 presses away from service instead of when it needs service.
            26+6=1

Comment

Actually the light is a warning. You still have plenty of presses left before total shut down.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I'm guessing the 18v batteries used in this press tool are not compatable with RIDGID(TTI) cordless 18v tools, is that correct?

Just thinking if they were then all RIDGID 18v cordless tools would then have an AC adapter which something that has been asked for in the past.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Here are afew answers to your questions:

Q: “I'm guessing the 18v batteries used in this press tool are not compatiblewith RIDGID(TTI) cordless 18v tools, is that correct?”

A:Correct. The RIDGID Advanced LithiumBatteries only work with 18V RIDGID press tools and RIDGID SeeSnakeproducts.

Q: “Howabout a light that comes on when you are 1000 presses away from service insteadof when it needs service.”
                  A: On the 340, the yellow light will blink whenyour tool has completed 40,000 cycles and it will stop working at 42,000 cyclesuntil maintenance is performed on the tool.

Q: “Willthe a/c adapter work with the 320?”
                  A: No, thepower adapter has an output of 18Vs. The320-E requires a 14.4V Battery and therefore the Power Adapter will no fit ontothe 320-E.

Comment

Working...
                  X