X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run time for a Ridgid 300?

Can a 300 be ran constantly for about 8 hours straight? Would that overheat anything?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Run time for a Ridgid 300?

Never ran one constantly, but have used them all day long with a vic machine rolling grooves in
    4 and 6 inch sch 40 pipe. meaning one man running the groover all day while others called out
    measurements to him. So probably running about 50% on time with stops for lunch, etc.

I would think that running all day, loaded or not, would be tough on the machine.

Don't know what you are up to but if speed (rpm) is important there used to be two different speed drives available.
    I don't know the RPM of each but the one was about double the RPM of the other.

I don't believe there is an oil bath for the drive gears or chain or whatever is inside. Can't say I remember ever having
    to open one up, they're so darn dependable that I never had one fail except for a foot pedal or power cord damage.
    And if there was oil inside then when they are laid over on their side in the truck or on the ground the oil would have
    leaked out, and I can't say I remember that happening. So without an oil bath or something else to cool the gears that
    might pose a problem. The motor could get pretty hot too.

Why do you want to run it continously?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

No oil bath on the gears, there are two grease fittings to lube the sleeve type bearings on the barrel.

Depending on the load I would say it would be just fine to run all day. If you are going to pull 21' of 2" thread with 200' of cord, well that might be a different story. The brushes need to be in good shape also.

What in the world are you wanting to drive with it?

These things are tough as nails and made to last.

Comment

What in the world are you wanting to drive with it? Good question!

These things are tough as nails and made to last. The 300 I bought in '83 is still going strong. Wish I could say the same for the die heads.

Comment

Working...
        X