X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Bursting in A Sewer job from Hell

Here is a link to a job that I am currently loosing. I will update as it goes on. We have had more rain in 1 day than we usually get for the whole month and the water table was already high for this job as it is near a large lake.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattl...82173475152440

It is called Windemere Sewer with Rocks.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Pipe Bursting in A Sewer job from Hell

For us non facebook users, can you post a link that we dont need to sign into?

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

That's what I call being stuck between a rock and a hard place(unstable ground).
      Hope you are able to burst those rocks tomorrow.
      Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

see if this one works for a link

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Seatt...82173475152440

We knew this would be a hard job going into it but we had no idea how hard it was to become. Reason we where called in was the sewer was backing up and after snaking it was found the sewer had hundreds of fist size and smaller rocks in the pipe. The pipe was 10-12 feet deep and was under a very nice driveway. To add to this the house is near a lake and there is a very high water table. From other jobs we knew we might have to fight the water to do our job. It started out like clock work, excavate to the sewer and get ready to pipe burst in a new sewer. This would push the rocks to the outside of our new line. But the rocks create major pressure on our system. That pressure made our pulling unit actually be pulled toward the street not the other way around. The deep 12 foot pit was collapsing under the pressure and we had to stop. Problem now was we where already 5 feet into breaking up the peoples line and once you start there is really no going back as the sewer is broken to pieces under the driveway 10-12 feet down. We had to cut our new line and try to pull back out, we used our Dingo! We used our 454 1 ton truck and nothing! We where wedged in solid. But we have to get the people back on line for the night that is how this business goes. So we used our Air Knife to dislodge the soil around our pipe until it came free and we got it back out. We then made temporary connections for the night and the people where back on line. This saga is not over it is sewer 1 seattle drain service 0. Tomorrow we will change our pulling location and drive in 16 foot steel posts into the ground to try to get a solid place to pull from then take the rocks on again.
        Last edited by Cuda; 10-03-2013, 10:25 PM.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

You're the "Amazing Man" Cuda. Always finding a way for it to be done.

I can tell who's turnin' and burnin'. $

Comment

Can you use your pneumatic mole to push or break up the rock without getting stuck? How did all the rocks get in there? Will see if I can open the pictures and comment more.

Rick.

Took me to the same sign in as before.

Email them to me.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-03-2013, 11:25 PM.
            phoebe it is

Comment

1hour 42 minutes of small talk later, cuda's either going to succeed, or end up sleeping in late due to talking all night long.

We need another roundup to play catchup with the members here.

Problem is the more we talk shop, the more we buy. It could be an expensive outing.

Good luck bryce, let us know you succeeded.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Full report later with pictures but we won the war! The new sewer line is pulled in Bye Bye rocks!
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Amazing ! Always interesting.

Comment

I never doubted you would succeed.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                      Full report later with pictures but we won the war! The new sewer line is pulled in Bye Bye rocks!
                      You are amazing ! Not many have Your talent, and equepment !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        1hour 42 minutes of small talk later, cuda's either going to succeed, or end up sleeping in late due to talking all night long.

We need another roundup to play catchup with the members here.

Problem is the more we talk shop, the more we buy. It could be an expensive outing.

Good luck bryce, let us know you succeeded.

Rick.
                        If Ridgid Australia wasn't such a Tight Arse we could give you all a break downunder and we could all benefit from a ROUNDUP.

Comment

Congratulations Cuda, cant wait for report and pictures

Comment

Opened photos. Nice job and way to stick with it and get it done.

Do you hand dig that deep?

What depth was your puller pit and what depth was the entry pit?

Most I've done was 7' out here hand dug. Was my fist pull job. No factory help. Learned as I went.

Rain and mud make challenges to work in. Never fun out here. I guess you're use to it.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                            X