X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharktech Seminar

It's set for Wednesday evening and was sold out, all 25 spots. After calling and talking to the head person at the phcc, they called back and made a spot for me.
    I'm not going there to learn, I'm going for the information and false information plumbers are giving these fittings.

They are not really that different to the mechanical fittings used on hdpe gas pipe for years that are used by gas utility companies and plumbers who need to make a connection without fusion equipment.

So tomorrow night I'll be in class for the rest of you. I'll share the information I get, but not the food, hat or t shirt. That's for me.

Should be interesting if its anything like the other classes ive attended. A combination of knowledge and stupity. Always a good laugh when you see who they work for.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

rick are you sure you are not just going for the free t shirt and hat they are giving to everyone that attends

Comment

its an hour drive or more in traffic. I've got more shirts and hats that forum post. I enjoy the presentations the reps put on and the off the wall questions asked by the attendees.

got a spot for my buddy this morning so it should be a fun evening.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
          The title of this thread makes me laugh every time.

"Sharktech Seminar"....Walk in, submit your license, raise your right hand, admit your a hack, eat, home by 9:00 p.m.
          Bob that sounds like our Big Green Shed but they don't feed us here.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            its an hour drive or more in traffic. I've got more shirts and hats that forum post. I enjoy the presentations the reps put on and the off the wall questions asked by the attendees.

got a spot for my buddy this morning so it should be a fun evening.

rick.
            Waiting eagerly for your expert report Rick. Pity you cant YouTube it...............!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they could do a live online for us poor relations downunder. We need heaps of education too.......................hehehheheheeheeeeeeeeeee eee

Comment

Ill try to scribble some Q&A of the more unique topics.

You should have heard the questions asked years ago at a tankless seminar. You would think there would have been some knowledge of tankless technology before they came in. But no. Simply amazing.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

very impressed with the turn out of attendees and factory support. hands on class, with lots of handouts and product to get our hands on. also the 2XL product line from 1.25'', 1.5'' and 2''. all made with lead free brass.

amazing that the products were invented and made in the land downunder. Australia by reliance worldwide corporation.

lots of food, drink and snacks. well worth the time and money spent. just the networking with some of the others was great. and had a great 1 on 1 with the president of the phcc trade show. great to meet dorman. he's also a forum member.

knock it all you want, but sharkbite is the real deal and in some cases has an advantage over press fittings.

you could actually install a sharkbite ball valve on a live line as the o-ring is contained and will not blow out of position. something that would be impossible with press fittings.

nice time, nice group, nice location and good food. worth ever penny and the time spent.

25 year warranty and 200 psi 200 degree ratings.

everyone should have some emergency fittings on board. I carry caps, couplings, mip/ fip adapters and some 90's. fits copper, cpvc and pex.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Warning: Watched the Moonshiner's tonight. "Tim" who is going legit used a sharkbite 90 on his still and it was leaking. My guess is that he didn't take the class.
                  AP

Comment

what the hell did they put in the food? You still drugged up?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

steve ate 2 sandwiches and I ate 3. lots of chips and soft drinks. might be the sugar high.

head is looking better and get the stitches out on Friday.

honestly ben, had you been there, it would have impressed you too. ill let you decide at the trade show when you see the 2xl fittings.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

You know you're pissing off your corporate sponsor right? I don't trust the teeth for the pipe.....especially large diameter pipe. The force on the fitting will be much higher on the larger diameter fittings. What I really want to know is what kind of sandwiches were they?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick they really like taking the p155 outta you. Yeh one of my neighbors works for a manufacturer of some of the fitting components. We don't have larger diameter pipe here as far as I am aware. I think it is only 1/2 & 3/4 in old terms. As far as RMC, what a pack of ruthless mongrels they can be. They had the market on valves for hot water services etc. Not anymore. Better stuff available and way cheaper than these overpriced ......................!!!
                          As I said many times before you guys are spoilt beyond. They don't really care about us down here you know..............

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            what the hell did they put in the food? You still drugged up?
                            Drinking the kool-aid...

Comment

This wasn't a cult mass suicide gathering.

In fact, in Australia, if you don't take the class and get certified, insurance won't cover you if you have a claim. Homeowners can't take the class. So only certified plumbers are covered for a liability claim. Keeps the homeowners away from the diy market.
                              Of course out here, that's not the case.

Sure some left early, some showed no interest as they were brought their by their boss, but the ones that showed interest and asked questions, took away the knowledge they were looking for.

Just wait until we start seeing more and more of the 2xl fittings. Stil takes some level of skill to properly assemble the fittings. The cost is not cheap, but neither is sitting around waiting for water to stop dripping.

I'll see about posting a link to the larger 2xl fittings.

http://www.sharkbite.com/product-cat...sharkbite-2xl/

Rick.
                              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-07-2013, 10:42 AM. Reason: link to 2xl
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Well it's official.

I graduated with honors.

Rick.

Attached Files
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X