X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharktech Seminar

Looks like the PHCC of Los Angeles is sponsoring a training seminar for its members and non members to get certified in the proper use and installation of Cash Acme SharkBite fittings.

Free for member and $10.00 for non members.

Dinner is included. Wonder if they will be serving shark steaks.

Might be worth going and sneak in 1 of my dozen pro press tools.

Rick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-10-2013, 10:54 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Sharktech Seminar

This is it.....I will NEVER support the PHCC!
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Looks like the PHCC of Los Angeles is sponsoring a training seminar for its members and non members to get certified in the proper use and installation of Cash Acme SharkBite fittings.

Free for member and $10.00 for non members.

Dinner is included. Wonder if they will be serving shark steaks.

Might be worth going and sneak in 1 of my dozen pro press tools.

Rick.
      Can I pay with Aussie bucks Rick..............!!!!!

Comment

You guys use "crock bites" downunder?

Come on down. I'm sure they'll accept any form of payment just for attending.

I might sign up, just so the class has enough participants and doesn't get canceled. Plus the t shirt and dinner is worth the price.

Its always fun being in a crowd of mixed skill levels as the questions asked by some are priceless. Who knows, I might just ask if shark bites are a poor mans propress?

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Neither one of them are worth a crap.
          sigpic

Comment

We are still getting a little resistance downunder to ProPress/B-press/Viega. Seems that the authorities have had a backflip of sort thinking that they are going to be flogged with liability claims for failure. B-press is getting held back here by Viega patients so we can only get upto 50mm. Not a fan of sharkbite. Prefer to use Rehau as an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              LOL at "progressive"

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                NH - Keep on drinking that Kool-Aid, and serving it to your students.

For more than a dozen years and hundreds of Propress joints, not one failure!!!

More enterprising plumbers like myself, have embraced the Propress pipe joining system and profited greatly, while providing a cost effective and superior product to our customers. Especially those facilities like hospitals, hotels, restaurants, and other institutions where being without potable water for more than a couple of hours, threatens public health not to mention their bottom lines.

I pity your students who learned your, "not worth a crap" mindset. When they are starting out on their own and competing in the market place, they'll be the guys wondering how they lost the bid figuring a B-tank and solder job, to a guy with the newest technology, who did the job in half the time, and made more money. Plus he gave them a WRITTEN FIFTY (50) YEAR GUARANTEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further, with MegaPress taking off, the plumbing universe will be growing even bigger. In Arizona, there are thousands of miles of black iron chilled water systems that are starting to need attention.
                Who among us wants to spend another 100 degree day digging, cutting and threading pipe in ditch, when it could be completed in half the time? Not me and mine.

AP

Comment

I know when I asked the forum members who uses the required water soluble flux, the majority including nhmaster do not.

I can tell you it's physically impossible to solder a joint with any water or steam at the joint when using water soluble flux. In the old days of non water soluble flux, it wasn't that difficult to overcome a little water. But since the mid 90's water soluble flux is required on potable water systems and fire protection systems.

It's required, yet most don't seem to follow the code.

I just bought another propress tool a few weeks ago and also sold one to another buddies company. When the price is right, the time to buy is right too.

Propress is pretty common stock at everyone of my supply houses. It's either viega or nibco that's stocked.

Show me anyone that can solder a joint in 5 seconds, especially with water and up to 4" copper.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

We're getting ripped off yet again. You guys are getting 50yr guarantee............!!!! What does Viega give you over there.
                    You mention the Mega-press, what is it and what are you pressing with it??????????

Also has anyone ever experienced blow out on sharkbite. It is more to do with LOW pressure installations where the retainer relaxes and allows the pipe to back out.
                    Last edited by Cleanmen2; 10-15-2013, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Mega press is a propress system designed for steel pipe. Uses the same full size press tool. Special mega jaws and pipe reamers, deburring tools. Allows you to press steel pipe similar to copper. Sizes up to 2" / 50mm.

50 year warranty covers the fitting. Basically they will supply you with a new replacment fitting if the fitting is found to be defective. No labor or damage reimbursement.

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Sweating is for fat guys....

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          Mega press is a propress system designed for steel pipe. Uses the same full size press tool. Special mega jaws and pipe reamers, deburring tools. Allows you to press steel pipe similar to copper. Sizes up to 2" / 50mm.

50 year warranty covers the fitting. Basically they will supply you with a new replacment fitting if the fitting is found to be defective. No labor or damage reimbursement.

Rick.
                          As I think I have already said before we don't use steel pipe down here. It sucks that their warranty is only fitting. On the Viega we have had some failures but they are putting it down to installers. We are still in a real sh1t-fight with the Gas being exposed on top of roofs. B-connect which is an alternative but identical looking to Viega guarantees their gear in writing and claim they have no issues. All reverts back to the legal scum industry with their sue sue sue mentality. Don't know about you guys but downunder the only winner is the Scumbag solicitors

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post

Also has anyone ever experienced blow out on sharkbite. It is more to do with LOW pressure installations where the retainer relaxes and allows the pipe to back out.
                            if they have side torque on them they will drip. I have seen pipes freeze and the shark bite gets pushed apart, the teeth dig nice grooves in the pipe as they get forced apart. that is the only major failure I have seen with push lock type fittings. heck I have never seen a grey Quest compression and lock fitting fail unless it was installed to shallow in the fitting. all this talk of propress makes me wonder why not just use Ford fittings instead? expensive but no expensive tool. Sorry Ford is the brand name I don't know what style they would be

Comment

The title of this thread makes me laugh every time.

"Sharktech Seminar"....Walk in, submit your license, raise your right hand, admit your a hack, eat, home by 9:00 p.m.

Comment

Working...
                              X