• Show
Clear All

Re: Auto-Cut (Copper)

Imperial Tubing cutter "Imp"

Been using them for two decades now, hands down the best IMO

http://http://imperial-tools.com/pro...s/tube-cutters

Comment

I switched to Reed after the General Rep blew me off on a issue I was having with their product. After 3 years not one problem.

C Cutters

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
        I switched to Reed after the General Rep blew me off on a issue I was having with their product. After 3 years not one problem.

C Cutters
        I don't even do that much copper cutting (in the big picture) and I know for a fact those auto-cuts were never getting past 10 months, tops. Some would spiral the pipe right out of the package. Spent more time with a tin snips having to clean/square the cut which is ridiculous. Sometimes I couldn't even do that, considering I was reconnecting to pipe in areas where a joist or other piping arrangement wouldn't allow me to move the snips around the pipe correctly.

I truly think they cheapened their product once competition came into the game with a better product, figured its best days are now behind them in sales.

If Home Depot starts pulling product, it means your days are numbered due to product reliability issues.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I stopped using the auto-cut a couple years ago

Now I use a 1" close quarters ridgid where it fits, and a smaller imp when needed

If I have more than a few cuts to make, I usually use the Milwaukee cutter

Raptor (which I usually wont buy) actually makes some good close cutters, but I almost never need to use them

Comment

Working...
          X