Press tool
    Tubing cutter
    Palm nailer (awesome for hangers)
    PVC shear
    Led flashlight
    Die grinder
    Impact gun
    Radio

I cannot imagine doing service work OR rough in work without these tools. All with the same batteries and charger that I can get at any Home Depot or supply house.

Press tool is a workhorse for me.

Comment

Re: Milwaukee M12 Press Tool failed for the 2nd time

both my copper cutter are a piece of crap. they just turn circles and don't apply enough pressure to cut. my 12 volt batteries are pretty much shot and they don't even have a dozen charges on them. the only worth wihile tool of the bunch is the no hub torque wrench and led light. seems more like toys than tools. is it the batteries or the tools that are junk.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        both my copper cutter are a piece of crap. they just turn circles and don't apply enough pressure to cut. my 12 volt batteries are pretty much shot and they don't even have a dozen charges on them. the only worth wihile tool of the bunch is the no hub torque wrench and led light. seems more like toys than tools. is it the batteries or the tools that are junk.

rick.
        Gotta lube the roller carriage. I had the same issue as well until I did that.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

You're probably not using the tool the correct way . My helper had an issue with it until I showed him how it worked. Making a judgement on an entire line of tools based on 1 misused tool is pretty lame. These tools work and they work well. This cl ing from someone who uses the entire line daily

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
            You're probably not using the tool the correct way . My helper had an issue with it until I showed him how it worked. Making a judgement on an entire line of tools based on 1 misused tool is pretty lame. These tools work and they work well. This cl ing from someone who uses the entire line daily

believe me I know how to use the cutter. even the full time Milwaukee rep has it closed out at my home depot for 99.00 he said to send them both in as there is a know problem with them. the batteries don't even take a charge and last just about 10 minutes in my led lights. sure it was nice when they worked, but all they do is spin in circles and don't apply pressure to cut the pipe. the no hub torque wrench is fine.

their larger line of tools are much better. the 12 volt line has battery and power issues.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
              Wow, I'm glad I didn't buy one. Anyone had any problems with the new ridged stab prop recess tool. I think it does 1/2,3/4,1, 1 1/4?
              Are you talking about the Ridgid 200b (I think that's the model number)? I bought one last spring and it is heavily used. Our 330 sits awaiting big press jobs or when more than 1 press is needed the same day. We do shift the small press tool around a lot, need to buy another.

David

Comment

I have owned the Ridgid RP100, used the Rothenberger small press tool along with Milwaukee, and a few other brands. I can tell you by far the Ridgid RP100 was the best pressing tool. Sadly with cash being tight, and the fact someone stole my RP100, I was looking at the cheaper tools. Then I cam to the realization if I buy cheap I will be replacing it over and over, or eventually replacing it with a Ridgid. So for now I have to do things the old fashioned way solder and torch and bread for those lines that don't turn off 100%.

I hope whom ever stole my RP100 gets what is coming to them.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Drop $1800 - $1900 on a new press tool and you will learn to keep an eye on it in a hurry.

David

Comment

They all use the same science and one is not better than the other. regarding how it mechanically works The Roth worked just like the Ridgid and the Milwaukee and vice versa. I have the Roth siting on the shelf in the shop because it's big, but am using the Milwaukee every day now without a problem. It's the lightest and smallest and gets into the tightest spots compared to the others. I may be the first to say it but the new Ridgid model is a bad design. It can't get into the tight spots like the Milwaukee or the new Roth. Maybe they will get it right next time. For now I'm sticking with what I'm using, hasn't let me down yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
                      Drop $1800 - $1900 on a new press tool and you will learn to keep an eye on it in a hurry.

David
                      Sad part is it grew legs and walked off out of my mom's house. It's like grand central station there, but mostly family... you would never think of family stealing from you.

Comment

Hi ron rember the old saying if you buy the best you are only sorry once marvin

Comment

I agree, The ridgid inline press tool is not a good design. Awkward and clumsy to hold. NOT a one handed tool like the milwaukee.
                          The 210 is a nice tool, but I would need the rings much more often than I do with milwaukee.
                          My m12 press has paid for itself too many times to count in less than a year. Ditto on the tubing cutter and hackzall.

Comment

Marv,

When I bought the RP100 from you guys, do you note the Serial # on the invoice? I was wondering since it is nearing the service interval, so if the place that preforms the service sees the serial number belongs to a different owner than the person that brought it.. I know it's wishful thinking.

Comment

Hi ron i will be back in on the 24th and going to indy 25 & 26 returning 27 & 28 check then. After that back to florida marvin

Comment

Marv, If I were you I would not leave Florida till this winter is over. I am going to school during the show in Indy, and classes are on Monday and Wednesday, so I might make the drive down there Thursday. All depends on if Leon will let me take off for the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X