X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee M12 Press Tool failed for the 2nd time

When the Milwaukee M12 Press Tool first came out I purchased one. It's much smaller and lighter than the Ridgid 330B I have. (My arms stretched a couple inches longer because of that thing. )

Anyway, once I got it, I shared with the message board the good things about the Milwaukee, but also that I thought it wasn't constructed as well as the Ridgid. Well, on Wednesday of last week the Milwaukee M12 press tool was dead when I went to use it. D.E.A.D. Dead. It's still under warranty but it will have been the 2nd time in two years I will have had to send it in. I'm done with it.

Now that Ridgid has a smaller Press Tool I'm going to get one of those and sell the Milwaukee before the warranty runs out.

Point to Ridgid.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Milwaukee M12 Press Tool failed for the 2nd time

any thoughts what happened to it? What was the customer service like?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      any thoughts what happened to it? What was the customer service like?
      The first time it went back Milwaukee returned it claiming there was nothing wrong with it. The problem I experienced was that it would turn on and the motor would run but it would not engage and cycle. I ultimately determined the M12 was sensitive to temperature and if the tool was cold the motor will run but it won't engage or cycle. Turnaround was about 2-1/2 weeks from Milwaukee. This was a week longer than I was told but I didn't find it unreasonable.

Now it will not operate or turn on. No lights, no nothing. Nada. Zilch. DEAD. I tried four different batteries that I knew were charged and operated other tools both before and after trying the M12. The M12 was not cold since it spent the night on the job in a heated environment so temperature is not an issue. I'll let Milwaukee fix it, then I plan to sell it.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I've had problems with every 12V tools I've bought from Milwaukee. I consider them toys. They suck. Can't speak for there 18V line, but I wouldnt consider them, after how bad there 12V line is.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I have the Milwaukee m12 press tool and have had it for a long time now. I use it every day I work. I have found that freezing temps or close to it will cause problems but from past experience that's will all of them. They are hydraulic tools and must be kept warm. Also I've found that when a battery starts to go bad it will cause the tool to not fully cycle. Not really a big deal since I get more than my money worth from each battery. Just bought a couple more last week. I do number the batteries now so I know which ones are new. Other than that I love the tool and wouldn't go with anything else at this point. I might buy a Ridgid next but for now the M12 is a work horse for me.

Comment

Geno, I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. I had a quick turnaround on mine. I think it was a bad switch. I like mine a lot though and will stick with it. I have nearly all the 12V tools. The PVC shear, copper cutter and hackzall are all great for me. Save time and wear and tear on ME. I also use the 1/2" brushless hammer drill a lot and the palm nailer. Will had a few bad experiences, but these are tools made to make our jobs quicker and easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
              I've had problems with every 12V tools I've bought from Milwaukee. I consider them toys. They suck. Can't speak for there 18V line, but I wouldnt consider them, after how bad there 12V line is.
              The 12V XC batteries make a huge difference in performance. You're jaded man!

Comment

Funny this pops up. I ran into two Milwaukee reps this weekend. NEVER happens. Must be Christmas time.

In their Milwaukee trucks out in the lot. They start talking to me as I'm walking by. I tell them they don't want to talk to me about Milwaukee. "Why"

I tell them I have their V28 set along with a matching right angle drill and that the whole thing is a boat anchor out of the box. Abysmal. They should be ashamed it exists.

"I don't know anything about those at all. But this 18V brushless drill is the best out there."

I'd be embarrassed to be a rep if I didn't have some knowledge of the full product line.

I own Bosch, Makita, DeWalt, & Milwaukee. Based on my experience with Milwaukee, they are the worst of the 4 and I haven't found a reason yet to get something from them.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                  Funny this pops up. I ran into two Milwaukee reps this weekend. NEVER happens. Must be Christmas time.

In their Milwaukee trucks out in the lot. They start talking to me as I'm walking by. I tell them they don't want to talk to me about Milwaukee. "Why"

I tell them I have their V28 set along with a matching right angle drill and that the whole thing is a boat anchor out of the box. Abysmal. They should be ashamed it exists.

"I don't know anything about those at all. But this 18V brushless drill is the best out there."

I'd be embarrassed to be a rep if I didn't have some knowledge of the full product line.

I own Bosch, Makita, DeWalt, & Milwaukee. Based on my experience with Milwaukee, they are the worst of the 4 and I haven't found a reason yet to get something from them.

V28 is the old line. M28 is the new Lithium Ion. I have the M18 with sawzall, impact and hammer drill and it has been pretty solid for me going on almost 3 years now

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    V28 is the old line. M28 is the new Lithium Ion. I have the M18 with sawzall, impact and hammer drill and it has been pretty solid for me going on almost 3 years now
                    So they first introduced garbage & I got stuck with it.

I'm seriously considering throwing them off a bridge. The cathartic release might be worth more than keeping them.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post

Reps only know what the company feeds them. And then they parrot it even if it's BS.
                      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I still have my 25 year old Milwaukee sawzall and it still works like a champ. Milwaukee does make pretty good tools. There are a lot of choices out there for press tools, Ridgid, Rothenberger, Milwaukee, and a few others but I was very impressed with the m12 press tool and still am. I like how it fits in my tool bag along with the Milwaukee tubing cutter. OMG I will never go back to cutting copper by hand. Yes these tools have made life so much easier. BUT... be careful and don't get your thumb caught in he tubing cutter. Let me tell you it wasn't very much fun. It didn't cut my thumb off but damn did it tumble it and hard. Hurt like hell for a few days.

Comment

I haven't used the xc batteries yet but I think I'm going to order a couple to try them.

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                          The 12V XC batteries make a huge difference in performance. You're jaded man!

Comment

I've given up pretty much on Milwaukee, maybe I am jaded by them lol. I will use only Dewalt, Makita or Bosch for power tools. Ashame because Milwaukee does have a "history" with the Plumbing trade, but I'm not supporting them or using them until they quit putting out crap. Only Milwaukee tools I'll use are the old tools I find at Pawn Shops, there new stuff just aint the same.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Wow, I'm glad I didn't buy one. Anyone had any problems with the new ridged stab prop recess tool. I think it does 1/2,3/4,1, 1 1/4?
                              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Working...
                              X