Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Depot CSST Install Video

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    You realize that now you assume al the risk since you're a qualified installer.

There are 3 more brands of csst you need to get unless all you plan on using is the alpha flex which is not sold in any of my supply houses.

Now as far as sharkbite, what they told us in the class, is they will not warranty any claims unless you've taken the class. I believe this only applies to the larger 1.5"-2" fittings. 2xl . They've never required a license to buy or install their products.

Rick.
    The liability is the same either way. However, without the certificate the manufacturer and your insurance could tell you that you are on your own.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I am not impressed with Sharkbites having pulled them off at different times when installed correctly by others. Dripping or spraying. No side torque or damage to the pipe or fitting internals. Fully seated. Two of them less than a year old.

Now I have recently learned that it seems that EVERY PEX manufacturer has been sued for premature failures.

All the CSST systems give more problems than traditional black iron.

Many go to PEX to stay competitive.

CSST and Sharkbite is primarily laziness in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
        I am not impressed with Sharkbites having pulled them off at different times when installed correctly by others. Dripping or spraying. No side torque or damage to the pipe or fitting internals. Fully seated. Two of them less than a year old.

Now I have recently learned that it seems that EVERY PEX manufacturer has been sued for premature failures.

All the CSST systems give more problems than traditional black iron.

Many go to PEX to stay competitive.

CSST and Sharkbite is primarily laziness in my opinion.
        Keep in mind, 99.9999% of the class action lawsuits against PEX manufactures were due to the yellow brass fittings and not the PEX piping.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Keep in mind, 99.9999% of the class action lawsuits against PEX manufactures were due to the yellow brass fittings and not the PEX piping.

Mark
          Yes, it pizzes me off they did that and KNEW about it. Just seems like a huge lost opportunity that at least one manufacturer could have taken advantage of that would have really advanced their brand ahead of all others.

Comment

Yes, it pizzes me off they did that and KNEW about it. Just seems like a huge lost opportunity that at least one manufacturer could have taken advantage of that would have really advanced their brand ahead of all others.
            To be clear, they did not know about it until the failures happened and even then it was only a handful of failures which we all attributes to water quality in a very small area.

Mark

Comment

To be clear, they did not know about it until the failures happened and even then it was only a handful of failures which we all attributes to water quality in a very small area.

Mark
              I respectfully disagree and place some blame on them for not anticipating extreme water chemistry with a program/materials educating installers and distributors.

Will the bronze and no lead fittings be resistant enough to various water chemistry to last until the warranty period within a "reasonable" percentage so that no more class actions will be filed?

Comment

what about the plastic versions of the metal fittings? are they any better?
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                  what about the plastic versions of the metal fittings? are they any better?
                  Well, they are not supposed to have any breakdown due to ph levels as far as I know. And I think they have to pass a certain percentage chlorine resistance. But I really don't know until years down the road.

There will always be some idiot putting them in and yanking them way out of range that will likely cause them to pop/break.

I don't think they test any of this stuff like they should. Should be a running water test at various temperatures, pressures, and chemistry simulating x years before coming to market.

Comment

I'm gonna dedicate this post to all the Self Help Internet Plumbing Hero's!

This customer thought the Internet / Youtube would teach him everything, I cant make this up folks.... This is exactly how I found the unit.... Nobody ever told him he needed any kind of exhaust pipe,
                    " Why would I need it the unit is outside and under a covered porch " Where did you even buy the Tankless and the materials... Amazon
                    Only thing missing is the CSST but the customer thought it was easier to hook Steel Flex lines together for 8'!!!
                    "

This is the reason why licenses are required and the best internet intentions could easily get someone killed....

Comment

Sharkbite Warranty only covers the Sharkbite itself which will be replaced in the event of a failure... I like to call them Manual Propress Fittings

Sharkbites are available through 2" as of right now...

2'' Fittings: 2" Ball Valves, Copper Fittings, CPVC & PEX Fittings

Comment

I respectfully disagree and place some blame on them for not anticipating extreme water chemistry with a program/materials educating installers and distributors.

Will the bronze and no lead fittings be resistant enough to various water chemistry to last until the warranty period within a "reasonable" percentage so that no more class actions will be filed?
                        As I recall the testimony, there were only 10-water districts out of the tens of thousands which shared the same problematic water.

There is not a fitting or pipe out there that is impervious to 100% of all environmental conditions. The ones who should be the best educated in what water is compatible are the plumbers who service the area.

Mark

Comment

As I recall the testimony, there were only 10-water districts out of the tens of thousands which shared the same problematic water.

There is not a fitting or pipe out there that is impervious to 100% of all environmental conditions. The ones who should be the best educated in what water is compatible are the plumbers who service the area.

Mark
                          Then all plastic it is!

Comment

Fusion fittings! For water and sewer both!

Then all plastic it is!
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                              I'm gonna dedicate this post to all the Self Help Internet Plumbing Hero's!

This customer thought the Internet / Youtube would teach him everything, I cant make this up folks.... This is exactly how I found the unit.... Nobody ever told him he needed any kind of exhaust pipe,
                              " Why would I need it the unit is outside and under a covered porch " Where did you even buy the Tankless and the materials... Amazon
                              Only thing missing is the CSST but the customer thought it was easier to hook Steel Flex lines together for 8'!!!
                              "

This is the reason why licenses are required and the best internet intentions could easily get someone killed....

All hacks know that this is the proper way to do things!
                              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X