Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Depot CSST Install Video

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
    I don't see how they can do this? How can someone buy gas piping with out a license? If I can't get antibiotics without a written prescription how can someone with no construction background buy gas piping? I hope someone dies from this so Home Depot gets sued millions

Pandering to the HACKS who think they are better than us. I say let them do it themselves, blow their houses down and then make sure the Insurance Companies honor their commitment to not pay out because of HACK workmanship.

And now the fight begins.........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Still doesn't compare, a perfectly legal do it yourself job compared to an illegal sale of a product.

Same as a minor buying tobacco or alcohol. Its regulated for a reason. Same reason why csst is regulated too.

Several years back I posted the original thread about hd selling csst. I went a s far as calling the distribution company that sells it to hd.

If a product requires a license to purchase it, then it should be enforced. Putting into a location that doesn't check for a certificate from the manufacturer is illegal.

My buddy owns a hardware store and had to go to court because his spray paint was not locked up properly when an inspector came in. Not because he sold it to a minor. Yet hd has their paint unlocked most every time I go there.

Csst requires a certificate from every manufacturer in order to buy and install it. Gas valves and thermocouples don't.

Rick.

Rick, common denominator is Regulations and Regulators. They are quick to pass regulation but too gutless to enforce as such. Enforcement means they have to put their name on the sheet and then be subjected to criticism from HACKS. Either regulate or free for all. If it is free for all then take away the Compulsory License we have to have and pay annually for and take away the Compulsory Insurance Policy(which isn't worth sh1t anyway) and see the Insurance Companies squirm like stuck pigs because of the lost easy annual earn for doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        I really don't care about the legality of the product being sold....I'm concerned more with public safety. Cause Joe Yahoo blowing up his house might hurt those around him. I feel the same way with inexperienced fng's running trucks on their own. Sure by the letter of the law(depending on your state) it may be legal for them to do all this but they can get into a mess of trouble real quick. Most DIY'ers I've met(myself included) will not let the availability(or lack of) of a material to do a job.....if they want to run their own gas pipe, they'll do it. Now home depot and lowes are making money on it instead of just the plumbing supply house.

Gear, supply houses sell to just about anyone, ruthless for the sale. Unlike a chemist we have little respect in the community regardless of the countless surveys that they conduct which suggest I am wrong. Over here we have TRADE ONLY supply house called Plumbers Choice. Google it and look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          Is the certification a Local, state or federal regulation or a manufactures recommendation?

If it is not state or federal or local, law, then it is up to the manufacture to pull the product from the shelves of the retailers/wholesalers who are not following there requirements,

Certification generally only becomes important when the PARASITE Insurance Companies have claim. They try to wiggle out of anything and everything. There is a special term used referring to them countersuing after settling a claim. They quietly investigate and find someone with Insurance and then thump them with full costs including the Filth(LAWYERS) and all the Engineers expert reports etc. So again I say, enforce or don't. Toe half in the water or half way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
            Gear, supply houses sell to just about anyone, ruthless for the sale. Unlike a chemist we have little respect in the community regardless of the countless surveys that they conduct which suggest I am wrong. Over here we have TRADE ONLY supply house called Plumbers Choice. Google it and look at it.
            Yes but plumbers choice is only one all the other plumbing suppliers and not to forget bunnings sell direct to the public you see bunnings is like a cosco in the US where they sell everything and I mean everything and thank God for them the home handy man made me rich repairing and replacing all their F+++ups after hours where you could charge what you wished some jobs I just walked out and rang the plumbing commision who fined them which gave me great pleasure dobbing them in when I didn`t get the job

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X