manual copper press tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual copper press tool

just stumbled across this manual copper press tool that's made in Australia. looks like it can press 1/2'' and 3/4'' copper along with pex tubing.

pretty cool music video.

might need to click on the link and then watch it on youtube.

do any of our Australian members have any first hand knowledge of this product?

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-26-2014, 08:22 PM. Reason: link
    phoebe it is

Re: manual copper press tool

I posted one about 2 years ago here.

Comment

It was for Viega only though. Not the ICrimp system you mention with changeable jaws for PEX.

No way I would want it. Need a ditch 5' wide to use it on 1/2" copper.

Comment

They should put a battery operated, self calibrating motor on it...Oh wait...We have that.

Comment

• Cleanmen2
          Cleanmen2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Settle down killa, we have them too. Just seems we don't have the acceptance that you guys do but................!!!!!!!!

The new Ridgid inline press just continues to amaze me. Truly a fantastic tool. No way I waste time with a manual press.

David

Comment

Thanks for sharing the kind words,*David!
          Dan

Comment

Any time Dan.

David

Comment

Very cool. I can think of no application that I currently work in that I could use that. It reminds of cutting cast-iron piping before the ratchet cutters came out.
              "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Here's a link I came across for a hydraulic crimp tool. Says it works on Viega.
                http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...824358674.html

About $300.00

The Alibaba site is just full of goods and services to further cripple our "booming" economy.
                Check out the walk in tubs as well.
                AP

Comment

• Bigcim
                  Bigcim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Never heard of alibaba. What do they do and has anyone used them?

• PLUMBER RICK
                  PLUMBER RICK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  it's like asia's version of amazon, but much bigger.

rick.

• Bigcim
                  Bigcim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is it just knock offs of everything like harbor freight? Do they sell good stuff?

Note: Just got an update on the hydraulic manual operated press tool.

$89.00 USD plus UPS freight

Comment

• NHMaster3015
                  NHMaster3015 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So you could buy about 25 of them against one Propress. But then again, I imagine they are a bit slower and we all know that these days speed is king. LOL

You guys have had press tools nearly forever. I think I have said previously we are getting challenged and there is still opposition but it is changing fairly quickly. Regulators though are throwing up curve-balls still though. I think the manual tools are there because the investment in press-tools here is huge. Viega - Close to $9k with all heads.
                Rothenburger which is Connex is similar. Sorry Rick, cant afford to have several options in my tool chest.

Comment

I guess I could make a killing selling on ebay Australia. All I need is to include a 220 charger.

cleanmen2, you come out to visit and ill make sure you go home with a propress on the house.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

• Cleanmen2
                    Cleanmen2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Rick you really are a top bloke. Sorry to be a smart-A but you need to up it to 240volts even though I think the 220 would probably still get by.

• PLUMBER RICK
                    PLUMBER RICK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Out here the the higher voltage is 240 single phase, but it seems like people refer to anything from 220, 230, 240.

But ill track you down a 240, 60 hz. Charger.

Rick.

Helluva deal. It would only cost him about $ 1,700.00 for the airline ticket and another grand or so for the hotel and meals LOL. Why not get his address and ship him one instead LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

I doubt he would come here just for a free tool, but even if he did, he would end up about $6,000 ahead according to the math.

I just received a cruise special from princess. 12 days australia and new zealand. As low as 1500. Per person with taxes. Includes all your meals, entertainment and cabin for 12 days. Great price. But airfare round trip starts at 1100. On up to over 27, 000. Per person. Now compare the 27,000 airfare with a couple of meals to the 1,500 for 12 days of room and board on a luxury ship.

the free propress is sounding much better.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

• NHMaster3015
                      NHMaster3015 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      $ 27,000 per person? What's that price for, a private jet? It's sounding like an offer that you know you will never have to make good on LOL
                      Last edited by NHMaster3015; 05-25-2014, 10:00 AM.

• PLUMBER RICK
                      PLUMBER RICK commented
                      Editing a comment
                      27k was first class. The 50 different choices ranged from 1100. To 27, 000. It all depends on how comfortable you want to be on a 15 hour flight and if you eat off of china and sterling to plastic and plastic. From champagne to soda.
                      Heck, there's always the wheel well for free with a gamble of being world famous dead or alive.
                      Ive flown first class on several occassions, but have never paid for it. Its not worth the money for the little bit of pampering and comfort.

Rick.

Cleanman2, as I've mentioned many times before, I bought my first Ridgid ProPress as soon as it became available many years ago. Right after seeing an episode of Bob Villa's "This old house" I was on the hunt for this "miracle machine". It paid for itself on the first job, and has been a GOLD MINE for me ever since. In fact, they've paid for themselves a hundred times over.

I can understand your and other's reluctance of "investing" big money for a tool that may just ride around in your truck. Not to mention the cost of fittings. But as the "go-to" guys for dozens of hotels, motels, resorts, and commercial properties, over the years, they are a necessity. In actuality, without the ProPress I would have been another of the 100's of plumbing contractors in Maricopa County, cutting each others throats for a few crumbs.

As a side note: Due to the fact that there were no fittings available locally when I first purchased the tool, my initial investment was closer to $20k, and the fittings only went up to 2".

While most of us here are Licensed Plumbing Contractors/Master Plumbers collectively, our operations are different. The Registrar of Contractors says that an L-77 Contractor is allowed to to the following work: PLUMBING INCLUDING SOLAR see (http://www.azroc.gov/l_class.html)

While I like to think, at one time I Mastered all of the above, I'd be a fool trying to make a living trying to do all of that on a daily basis.

My point being, is if the "PROPRESS" or any piece of equipment doesn't fit into your operation, stay with what you have and make the best of it by providing your customers the best service and solutions you can. But watch out for the guy with a PROPRESS. He wants your customers, he wants to pay off his investment, and he doesn't care diddly squat about you or your family.

For those who are looking for a niche and think the ProPress might help you fill it, here is a technique I've used to convince scores of building owners, property managers, engineers and maintenance people how ProPress can help keep them in business.

Let them pull the "trigger". On a water leak they had been working on all day, I had the Regional Manager of a hotel chain pull the trigger on a 2" ball valve replacement. He was then able to shut of the water "all by himself". This was many years ago, and still a customer, but now President of the corporation. We still talk on occasion, and he's still impressed with himself.

All the best, whether you Press or not.

Comment

• NHMaster3015
                      NHMaster3015 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I would love to see the actual math on that.

• Cleanmen2
                      Cleanmen2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Arizona, I have invested. What continually gets me in the neck is that our regulators decide that they are acting for GOD and what they say goes. However, when challenged they turn to the jelly-backs that they really are. I like the system but it doesn't always fit the situation here, not yet. In the years to come I truly believe that press will rule downunder. It does go away from the wonderful traditional training that we got many years ago but progress with propress can not be silenced and rejected. Like many things here we are in a captive market and the prices that we endure are kept inflated somewhat unjustly. Remembering that our population is loosely around 10% of the US so our wholesalers can run riot. I must say my investment may not have been fully recouped but it has got me places that others missed. Finally I believe in procedures. Of all the failures I have heard I firmly believe that most are lacking in this word.
                  Working...
                  X