Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROPRESS AND GOLFING

WELL ANOTHER SUCCESS STORY.
    NEEDED TO SHUT OFF THE WATER TO THE ENTIRE COUNTRY CLUB TO CAP OFF 2- 3'' PUMP LINES THAT WERE NO LONGER NEEDED. THE SYSTEM STARTED FROM A 4'' RP ASSY. IN THE PARKING LOT. THE WORK BEING DONE WAS IN THE BASEMENT MECHANICAL ROOM. THE TEE'S WERE POINTED DOWN AND OF COURSE THE LOWEST POINT IN THE SYSTEM. THIS MEANT THAT DRAINING THE SYSTEM DOWN COMPLEATLY WAS EITHER AN ALL NIGHT PROCESS OR A PROPRESS JOB.

FORTUNATLY I CHOSE PROPRESS. WATER WAS SHUT OFF AT 6:45 PM. CLUB CLOSED EARLY ON MONDAYS. BLEED OFF THE PRESSURE AND PREPARED THE 3'' PAINTED COPPER WHILE THE SYSTEM WAS DRAINING. SCRAPED AND SANDED THE PAINT OFF. AT 7:00 CUT THE COPPER. SLIPPED ON THE CAPS AND CRIMPED. ALL THIS WAS DONE IN UNDER 1 MINUTE, WHILE WATER WAS STILL DRIPPING FROM THE CUT COPPER. ALSO THE CAPS COME WITH A 3/4'' FIP PORT. THIS ALLOWED FOR A 3/4'' BALL VALVE AND PLUG TO ALLOW FOR FUTURE DRAINING OR CONNECTIONS.
    REFILLED THE SYSTEM AND TESTED. BLEED OFF THE AIR FROM ASST. LOCATIONS.

BOTH THE CLUB ENGINEER AND ANOTHER PLUMBING CONTRACTOR WHO CAME TO WATCH, WERE AMAZED.

NOW IF ONLY THE GAME OF GOLF WAS THIS EASY.

JUST THOUGHT SOME OF THE NON-BELIEVERS WOULD LIKE THIS ONE.

RICK.

You really want to get spoiled, pair up the Propress with the Ridgid 122 copper prep tool on your next big copper piping job. I mounted my 122 on a folding miter saw stand with wheels. Life just dosen't get any easier then this.

Comment

BILLG, DON'T KNOW IF YOU DO SERVICE WORK, BUT ADD IN A PIPE FREEZER AND THE PROPRESS AND IT'S LIKE THE ICE CREAM MAN JUST SHOWED UP WITH FREE TREATS.

IT IS MUCH FASTER AND LESS SCARY TO PRESS A FITTING ON THAN TO SOLDER WHEN YOU FREEZE A LINE. PLUS IF THE SOLDERING JOB FAILED, IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO REFREEZE A DRIPPING LINE.

PS. JUST WON A SECOND SET OF XL JAWS 2.5''- 4''. NOT BAD FOR $515.00.

CANCEL THAT, MY WIFE IS OUT OF TOWN AND SHE MIGHT READ THIS.

JOEY, IT'S LIFE INSURANCE SAVINGS.

SHE WILL EBAY ALL MY TOOLS WHEN I'M?

RICK.

Comment

I have a co2 unit but am thinking of getting the superfreeze unit. Freezing sure beats the heck out of refilling and venting three stories of radiators with covers you can barely get off.

Comment

BILLG, I HAVE BOTH THE CO2 AND THE SUPERFREEZE. I KEEP THE CO2 FOR LAGER PIPE, 2-4'' AND THE ELECTRIC SF2000 FOR THE SMALLER PIPE TO 1.5''.

CAN'T HELP YOU ON RADIATORS. JUST TAKE THE TRUCK TO THE SHOP. HAHA.

RICK.

Comment

another quick fix at the country club tonight.

leaking 3/4'' return line at the circ. pump. too much water to drain down and isolate. a few propress fittings, and a propress ball valve and i was in and out in under an hour. left the house at 9:00 pm and returned home at 10:30pm.

no propress it would have been 9:00 pm to 10:30am lots of water to drain and wait for.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

All our contry clubs are closed down still winter here in OH. Man I can't wait to get out there and play again (at a public course on my salary )

Comment

You could pack up your laptop and come down to Phoenix to "work" for a week. Golf courses are open year round and we have some 200+ courses (of course winter is the expensive season to play here). I always thought that was one of the bonuses of being an administrator. Grab a laptop and go anywhere with high speed internet and play for a bit? I found a campground up in MT with highspeed wireless, really looking forward to going up there in a couple of months and working between fishing.

WWS
                Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Working...
                X