X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProPress Questions

I have a couple of questions from my customers about ProPress.
    First off I want to tell you I think this is a great system and it will be even better once 2-1/2", 3" and 4" are available.
    Question one: can we use ProPress on type k and l service tubing? Working in a trench connecting water lines this would be a super quick fix.
    Question two: Are the fittings approved for medical gas usage? If not is there a way to clean them to make them approved?
    Question three: This is fairly new to our region and I was wondering if there is somewhere we can get all the required information to pass onto our mechanical engineers?
    Look forward to your respones!
    Larry Cote

Hi Larry, The larger size jaws are now available under catalog number 93667 for the whole set. The Propress can be used on types K,L,and M copper. You may want to check local codes on "mechanical joints" underground. Q.#2: No. The Propress is not yet approved for medical gas applications, this is something that we may provide in the future. Q.#3: Just contact Ridgid Tech Service and we can get you copy's of all the code information or any other technical documents you may need.

Comment

Larry - in addition to Ronnie's comments, let me add one clarification. ProPress can be used on Types K, L, and M. On hard (aka drawn) tube, it can be used from 1/2" up to 4". On soft (aka annealed) tubing, it can be used from 1/2" up to 1-1/4". Also, if you're using ProPress with soft tubing, you need to make sure that the tube is sufficiently round to slip into the fitting socket without excessive force. In other words, if you have to hammer the ProPress fitting onto the soft tube then you know that the tube is too far out of round. In that case, you'll need to use a calibration tool to round the tube before going any further.

Comment

Working...
      X