X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propress System

We just purchased the cordless unit and I must say it was the best thing since the invention of the modern plumbing. We had a addition at an elementry school and we had to tie into the existing 2 1/2" copper water sevice line from the city meter, this school building is approximately 60 yrs old as well as the meter. Well naturally the stop at the meter did'nt hold completely and we was working after hours. It was the first time we used the equipment and I was amazed at the time that was saved. even with the samll amount of water that was passing by the meter stop was no problem, this piece of equipment is a service plumber dream for copper repair from 1/2"-4", to bad the 4" size was'nt availble last year when we replace 600 feet of 4" at the high school here

WHAT FEEDBACK DID THE LOCAL INSPECTOR SAY ABOUT USING IT FOR UNDERGROUND PIPING?
    ALSO I JUST PURCHASED THE 320E/ 1/2''-2''. HAVEN'T BOUGHT THE 2.5''-4'' JAWS YET. HAVE YOU FOUND A GOOD SOURCE FOR FITTINGS YET? WHAT KIND OF PRCING ARE YOU GETTING OFF OF LIST PRICE?
    THANKS, RICK

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK:
      WHAT FEEDBACK DID THE LOCAL INSPECTOR SAY ABOUT USING IT FOR UNDERGROUND PIPING?
      ALSO I JUST PURCHASED THE 320E/ 1/2''-2''. HAVEN'T BOUGHT THE 2.5''-4'' JAWS YET. HAVE YOU FOUND A GOOD SOURCE FOR FITTINGS YET? WHAT KIND OF PRCING ARE YOU GETTING OFF OF LIST PRICE?
      THANKS, RICK
      Plumber Rick,

I've looked at the system alot. My concern is the longevity. Is this a proven system? You indicated that you have used it. I'm interested in your results. There is a tremendous amount of liability on leaking water. What has been the longest time period between installation and now?
      the dog

Comment

PLUMBDOG10
        THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN IN EUROPE FOR YEARS.
        IT IS THE SAME PRINCIPAL FOR SEALING AS THE JON GUESS FITTINGS WE'VE USED FOR WATER FILTER SYSTEMS FOR YEARS, EXCEPT THAT ONCE IT'S CRIMPED IT DOESN'T COME APART. IT'S IS ALSO THE SAME AS THE NEW CASH ACME ''SHARK BITE FITTINGS'' MINUS THE CRIMP. THESE USE A GRIPPING RING IDENTICAL TO THE JON GUESS FITTINGS AND THEY DO COME APART. INFACT THE 2.5'', 3'' AND 4'' PRO PRESS FITTINGS USE A STAINLESS STEEL GIRP RING SIMILAR TO THE FITTINGS I MENTIONED. THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT ONCE CRIMPED THEY WILL NOT COME APART.
        HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED ANY PROBLEMS WITH VICTAULIC TYPE JOINTS? ALTHOUGH THEY DON'T SEAL WITH AN O-RING, THEY ARE SIMILAR IN THAT THEY DEPEND ON A RUBBER SEAL. THE GROOVES JUST KEEP THE JOINT FROM PULLING APART.
        AS FAR AS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE GOES, AS YOU CAN SEE I TOO JUST PURCHASED THE SYSTEM. 320 E CORDLESS AND THEN THE ADDITIONAL 2.5''- 4'' JAWS.
        IT'S GREAT FOR SERVICE. DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE WATER DRAINING DOWN. 4 SECONDS TO CRIMP PER JOINT ISN'T BAD TOO.
        MIGHT BE THE NEXT BEST SYSTEM SINCE NO HUB PIPE AND BANDS.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK:
          PLUMBDOG10
          THIS SYSTEM HAS BEEN IN EUROPE FOR YEARS.
          IT IS THE SAME PRINCIPAL FOR SEALING AS THE JON GUESS FITTINGS WE'VE USED FOR WATER FILTER SYSTEMS FOR YEARS, EXCEPT THAT ONCE IT'S CRIMPED IT DOESN'T COME APART. IT'S IS ALSO THE SAME AS THE NEW CASH ACME ''SHARK BITE FITTINGS'' MINUS THE CRIMP. THESE USE A GRIPPING RING IDENTICAL TO THE JON GUESS FITTINGS AND THEY DO COME APART. INFACT THE 2.5'', 3'' AND 4'' PRO PRESS FITTINGS USE A STAINLESS STEEL GIRP RING SIMILAR TO THE FITTINGS I MENTIONED. THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT ONCE CRIMPED THEY WILL NOT COME APART.
          HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED ANY PROBLEMS WITH VICTAULIC TYPE JOINTS? ALTHOUGH THEY DON'T SEAL WITH AN O-RING, THEY ARE SIMILAR IN THAT THEY DEPEND ON A RUBBER SEAL. THE GROOVES JUST KEEP THE JOINT FROM PULLING APART.
          AS FAR AS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE GOES, AS YOU CAN SEE I TOO JUST PURCHASED THE SYSTEM. 320 E CORDLESS AND THEN THE ADDITIONAL 2.5''- 4'' JAWS.
          IT'S GREAT FOR SERVICE. DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE WATER DRAINING DOWN. 4 SECONDS TO CRIMP PER JOINT ISN'T BAD TOO.
          MIGHT BE THE NEXT BEST SYSTEM SINCE NO HUB PIPE AND BANDS.
          Thanks for the info. I work in the heavy commercial and industrial fields, which in our end of the business, material and joining methods are almost always specified by the designing engineer.

I have been intriged by this system for situations where tie-ins are bleeding water. Unfortunatly, engineers are not big on specifing systems unless they have years of a track record. And, rightly so.
          the dog

Comment

Working...
          X