X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProPress/Nibco press tool

I heard that Nibco now has press fittings like ProPress and RIDGID is supplying their tools? Is this true? If it is, can I use the ProPress tool for the Nibco fittings?

CS
    #3 FOREVER!

Originally posted by NASCARplumber:
    I heard that Nibco now has press fittings like ProPress and RIDGID is supplying their tools? Is this true? If it is, can I use the ProPress tool for the Nibco fittings?
    Yes, Ridgid is supplying the jaws and tool. Nibco has an announcement on their website http://www.nibco.com.

You can use a 320E or CT400 tool, but you will need different jaws for the Nibco system.

Comment

So I gotta buy new jaws for my ProPress tool if I want to try the Nibco system?

Have you tired the Nibco press fittings? Or know anyone who has? Do they compare to ProPress or are they different???

CS
      #3 FOREVER!

Comment

You don't need a new tool, but NIBCO requires new jaws that will work with your standard RIDGID pressing tool.

Comment

ED,
          DOES THIS MEAN A MORE COMPETATIVE PRICE? A WIDER SELECTION OF FITTINGS? ANOTHER WAY TO SPEND THOUSANDS ON NEW JAWS?
          WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE FOR RIDGID TO COMPETE WITH NIBCO? IS VIEGA GETTING PHASED OUT?
          LETS HEAR IT.

Comment

I am not sure how to answer your comment asking if "RIDGID competes with NIBCO". RIDGID makes pressing tools. NIBCO and VIEGA make fittings. RIDGID is simply interested in making the best tools as it always has. We would welcome your thoughts on how to make the tools better.

Comment

So RIDGID is selling both Nibco and ProPress? How come there is no mention of the Nibco fittings on your site? All I saw was ProPress. Is there pricing available for the Nibco jaws?

CS
              #3 FOREVER!

Comment

STILL CONFUSED. HOW DO YOU PARTNER WITH VIEGA, THEN DIRECTLY COMPETE WITH THEM IN WORKING WITH NIBCO? I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT VIEGA WOULD LIKE THAT. DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF PARTNERSHIP YOU HAVE WITH VIEGA, BUT IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ALL IS GOOD.
                HOW IS THIS GOING TO AFFECT ALL OF US WITH JAWS FOR PROPRESS/ VIEGA? IS VIEGA STILL GOING TO SUPPLY FITTINGS UNDER THE RIDGID LINE?
                NEED SOME ANSWERS. THANKS RICK

Comment

Plumber Rick, I guess we are not going to get any answers here. So much for an informational forum.

CS
                  #3 FOREVER!

Comment

Rick,

Ridge and Viega are still partners. We continue to work together in many many ways.

Beyond that, I am happy to answer your other questions. I am just not sure exactly what you're asking. Let me know what your biggest concern is and I will be happy to address it.

Ed

Comment

ED, I'VE ASKED IT IN EARLIER POSTINGS. DIDN'T GET AN ANSWER. JUST GOT A SPIN. EXPLAIN THE HUGH PRICING DISCREPENCY IN SLIP AND NON SLIP COUPLINGS. DOES IT REALLY COST 2X THE PRICE FOR LEAVING OUT 2 SMALL DIMPLES? LKE I ASKED EARLIER LOOK AT THE PRICING ON 1/2'' - 2'' COUPLINGS. 2.5''- 4'' ARE ALMOST IDENTICAL. I KNOW THAT YOU SELL THE SMALLER SIZES 100 TO 1 OVER THE LARGE SIZES. SO BY SAYING IT'S A SLOW MOVER IS JUST WRONG.
                      A REAL ANSWER WILL PUT THIS TO END.
                      I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT NIBCO DOESN'T MAKE THEIR OWN PRESS FITTINGS. THAT A VIEGA JAW WILL PRESS A NIBCO, BUT VOID THE WARRENTY.
                      ED THESE ARE NOT ONLY MY CONCERNS, BUT OTHERS TOO. READ SOME OF THE OLD POSTS.

THANKS RICK.

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for clarifying.

I honestly can't give you anymore than I already have on coupling prices. My company, Ridge Tool (RIDGID) does not make these fittings.

Unfortunately, I also can't answer your question about who makes NIBCO's fittings. Ridge Tool does not sell their fittings. To get the real scoop on NIBCO's system you really need to ask them.

Regarding the NIBCO warranty, I know that they specify that you cannot use a jaw from a different system (e.g. ProPress) to connect a NIBCO fitting.

I know you want answers Rick and we're giving you the best we have. We at Ridge know a lot about pressing, but most of the questions you're asking are really more policy questions. For specific answers regarding policies between various fittings/systems, you really need to go to the individual companies that produce and/or sell them to make sure you get the most accurate information. Certainly we know a lot about pressing at Ridge, but we're mainly focused on making the best pressing tools available. Any thoughts on that topic? I would appreciate your feedback since you seem to be thinking a lot about this technology.

Comment

Ed,

I can understand having to go to Nibco to get certain answers (would appreciate an answer about pricing on their jaws though), but don't Ridge salesmen sell ProPress? This IS the "ProPress System" forum, not the "Pressing technology" forum. So really, what's the dirt on the pricing of fittings?

CS
                          #3 FOREVER!

Comment

The reason you need to use Nibco Jaws is they will then warranty the press fittings for 50 years. I know a supplier of these fittings which has a branch in Grand Rapids. Mid-city Supply 1-161-669-0561. They could give you prices.

Comment

Working...
                            X