X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire protection systems

Has anyone used the Propress for fire protection system application? If so how has it performed?

ProPress will soon have its UL listing, but is not listed by UL or FM as of right now. The timing of the listing is unclear because the testing has not yet been scheduled. As soon as we have the listing we'll let everyone know!

Comment

Re: Fire protection systems

victaulic had something very simular years ago. The pipe was a sch. 5 and the fittings looked just like the propress fittings with the "o" ring. The victaulic sales rep told us that the "o" ring was just for UL and FM approval and the the crimp alone would hold a hydrostatic test. We have to make a hydrostatic test of 200 psi for two hours minimum, or 50 psi over the static pressure.

G3

Comment

if you have a limited fire system, i believe you can use propress----i have a catalog from viega that shows ppress fitts with sprinklers threaded in them--i know i will press any repairs on a copper limited fire system

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
          victaulic had something very simular years ago. The pipe was a sch. 5 and the fittings looked just like the propress fittings with the "o" ring. The victaulic sales rep told us that the "o" ring was just for UL and FM approval and the the crimp alone would hold a hydrostatic test. We have to make a hydrostatic test of 200 psi for two hours minimum, or 50 psi over the static pressure.

G3
          Its called Pressfit AKA Press sh!t
          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

That was it, used it on several jobs in the late 80's early 90's. I think it was short lived because you had to buy the pipe and fittings from victaulic. Piping was sch. 5 which is very thin, I called it muffler pipe. Not sure what the life span is on the pipe but its hard to beat sch. 40. Replaced some four inch that was close to 100 years old, could see the backside of the threads, from the inside of the pipe.

G3

Comment

Working...
            X