Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market penetration of ProPress

Dear Ridgid Friends

In order to apply the ProPress System in the US one should have some references! Could you provide us with some first quality references: on which buildings were used the propress system? Is the propress system already widespread? How many people (or how many sets did you sell) are already outhere using propress?

Hi Terry,

I apologize for not having read this sooner. I honestly thought someone else would jump on this.

Offhand, I know that ProPress has been used on the United Nations building in New York. It has been used on a job for the University of Oklahoma, and Edison High School, in Tulsa. Same state, but two different contractors. One contractor, at the time we asked the question, said he was 15 days ahead of schedule on a 120-day job, and he attributed this to ProPress. I am sure I can get the names of the contractors in case you wish to call them and discuss their opinions of the system. Feel free to ask me if you are interested in this information.

Comment

Thank you Phil for your kind reply. This is in fact very interesting what you said. You should ask them to write some impressions about crimping within your Ridgid Forum, I'm sure that will help all interested workers to understand why one should use a crimping system. I would be very interested in reading the experiences they had in working with ProPress.
      Thank you to ask them to write some lines.

Terry

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phil:
      Hi Terry,

I apologize for not having read this sooner. I honestly thought someone else would jump on this.

Offhand, I know that ProPress has been used on the United Nations building in New York. It has been used on a job for the University of Oklahoma, and Edison High School, in Tulsa. Same state, but two different contractors. One contractor, at the time we asked the question, said he was 15 days ahead of schedule on a 120-day job, and he attributed this to ProPress. I am sure I can get the names of the contractors in case you wish to call them and discuss their opinions of the system. Feel free to ask me if you are interested in this information.
      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Hi Terry,

There are plans to publish the sort of testimonials you are asking about. I believe that first more data needs to be gathered and compiled. We do have some data, but I believe it is not enough to base conclusions on.

As for having current users post that kind of information, it is out of our hands. Certainly they (most of them, anyway) know about the website. Whether or not they choose to share their experiences is completely up to them. Few people hesitate to share bad experiences, but when it comes to success stories, companies tend to guard that closely. This is because, as a business, they tend to be wary of giving away their competitive advantage, be it real or perceived.

Comment

we had a retro fit job on a slab on grade apartment complex which had the mains run under the slab. in one unit the floor was very warm, as you can guess there was a leak in the main. the mains and branches were soldered with 50/50 about 20 years ago. we were looking for a flameless solution to use for repiping the building. our ferguson rep had shown us some lit on the pro press, we thought it would be an excellent solution to our problem. we wanted to avoid an open flame in the corners of the rooms that we were piping and a fast process to join copper,so we decided to purchase a pro press tool. it was a very good decision on our part. the tool saved us at least 50% on labor. now when i am bidding a job i try to use pro press whenever i can.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mechmick:
            we had a retro fit job on a slab on grade apartment complex which had the mains run under the slab. in one unit the floor was very warm, as you can guess there was a leak in the main. the mains and branches were soldered with 50/50 about 20 years ago. we were looking for a flameless solution to use for repiping the building. our ferguson rep had shown us some lit on the pro press, we thought it would be an excellent solution to our problem. we wanted to avoid an open flame in the corners of the rooms that we were piping and a fast process to join copper,so we decided to purchase a pro press tool. it was a very good decision on our part. the tool saved us at least 50% on labor. now when i am bidding a job i try to use pro press whenever i can.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your feedback Mechmick.

Comment

Working...
            X