X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in lines

how well does this system work in applications where we are adding on to old work in additions where the pipe isnt as new and with water in the lines, can this product end the never ending battle of sweating a joint with water in the lines?

Wrench Spinner asked:

how well does this system work in applications where we are adding on to old work in additions where the pipe isnt as new and with water in the lines, can this product end the never ending battle of sweating a joint with water in the lines?

It works great. You can use ProPress even if there is still water in the line, with no degradation of performance or life.

Comment

wrench spinner,
      If your interested we just put up a bunch of product videos on our main site. We have 4 different short videos about propress. If you have a decent internet connection they should work really well. They even talk about water in the lines in the "other features" video. Just thought I would let you know, Josh

here's the link... www.ridgid.com/prodvideos.html

Comment

Does propress have valves? or do we need to fabricate by sweating tubing into the valves we use now. I looked at the video and the propress website and it seems that they make everything but valves?

Comment

Will this product be available to homeowners (for sale at home improvement stores)? or will it just be offered at supplyhouses. How long do you figure before I will see this product in the North East area, as well as what should i expect my inital cost to be and will i be looking all over for fittings?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wrench spinner:
            Does propress have valves? or do we need to fabricate by sweating tubing into the valves we use now. I looked at the video and the propress website and it seems that they make everything but valves?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We do not currently offer valve in the ProPress line. We do offer threaded adapters that allow you to use a male- or female-threaded valve. Some users prefer to solder stubs into a traditional valve, onto which ProPress fittings are crimped.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wrench spinner:
              Will this product be available to homeowners (for sale at home improvement stores)? or will it just be offered at supplyhouses. How long do you figure before I will see this product in the North East area, as well as what should i expect my inital cost to be and will i be looking all over for fittings?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ProPress is a professional-grade product intended for installation by professionals only. While making a crimped connection with ProPress is simple, using ProPress still requires that the user be a knowledgeable professional who knows how to install a quality system. Professionals expect to find ProPress tools and fittings in the distributors that they patronize and, for that reason, we are focusing on "supply houses" exclusively.

Currently, FW Webb carries the full ProPress line (i.e. all tools and fittings). If you have further questions about pricing or availability, I recommend that you contact our salesmen in your area:

Bill McLellan: (860)657-1207
              John Rutberg: (508) 655-2714

Comment

Re: water in lines

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post

I'm just curious how you did with the water in the lines.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  I'm just curious how you did with the water in the lines.

Mark
                  Yeah, don't you hate when people come on and ask for help but never let us know how it all turns out.
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I have a NIBCO book with multiple press valves in it. The reps I spoke too said their fittings work with both the NIBCO and ProPress tool. And their tool works with both fittings.

Of course some may deny this as everybody is out to make money.

And remember, this is what I was TOLD. I always need written test proof before I put it in.

J.C.

Comment

why use anything less than the best---RIDGID PROPRESS

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                        why use anything less than the best---RIDGID PROPRESS
                        I have to compare everything. The ProPress may be the best. But I have to compare the two.

Before anyone says there is no comparison-there is always a comparison.

What if there equal?
                        One better built than the other?
                        The fitting availability & price?
                        Tool price?
                        System performance?
                        Warranty on install?

I have to look at the whole picture for everything. I don't own either-yet.

Not N.C. approved. But I gotta' stay on top of things.

When are you gonna' let me demo that demo MicroExplorer plumberjr?

J.C.

Comment

One thing I don't like about a ProPress is that there will come a day when DIY'ers will be able to go to the local NationsRent etc. and rent one.

They can already rent PEX crimpers.

I know some will think or say that this is a pro tool/fitting combination only available to professionals but it WILL happen. You can rent a concrete saw, chainsaw, or even a #!*! backhoe.

J.C.

Comment

hit the nail on the head JC. That'll definently happen. This might shoot Ridgid in the foot long term with the propress. I would personally not use a propress all the time and if I could rent one for 100 a day, I would do that instead of buying one.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Mark I think this is my first thread. I was looking for info on them after reading about it in P&M magazine. What a blast from the past!

Comment

Working...
                              X