X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• labor calculators

Are there any type of labor calculators for the Pro Press system that I can use for bidding purposes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mechmick:
    Are there any type of labor calculators for the Pro Press system that I can use for bidding purposes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your question Mechmick.

The organizations that publish labor standards have not yet developed standards for ProPress. Typically, these organizations analyze actual results from the field for a long period of time (min. 18 months) before they publish anything. In the meantime, your local RIDGID representative has a software tool that can assist with estimating a ProPress job. Please contact your rep or me at (440) 329-4454 so that we can assist with your next job.

Comment

When asked my local rep said that is software had expired. Has there been a recent up date?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber:
        When asked my local rep said that is software had expired. Has there been a recent up date?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ProPress Comparator is now available online. Email me with your rep's name at webmaster@ridgid.com and I will give him the necessary information.

[This message has been edited by Norm (edited 02-01-2001).]

Comment

if i may make a suggestion on this post? the pro press system gets the job done quicker than sweating the joints. the initial cost however is probably pretty steep. what i would suggest (what i would do if i was a professional plumber) is buy the propress and not do anything with my labor costs. actually i might lower my labor cost ever so slightly. reason? it may take me a few jobs to get my money back and start turning a profit, but over time, the pro press would likely allow me to do more work in less time....which means that instead of 2 jobs a day, i would be able to do 2.5 - 3. so if i can speed up my work but remain as much as if not a few bucks less than your "typical" plumber, over time i will make more money, the tool will pay for itself, and it will be very profitable.

if i were to raise my price, that smart consumer who shops around, will hire someone else becuae they have a lower price. the ordinary consumer does not appreciate the speed of the pro press system!
          \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Both the PHCC and MCAA have created labor standards for ProPress. You can find the PHCC labor standards at http://www.naphcc.org/files/crimpedjoint.pdf. For the MCAA labor standards, contact that organization directly at 301.869.5800.

Also, most popular estimating software packages now enable users to estimate ProPress jobs using up-to-date fitting pricing and PHCC/MCAA labor standards.

Here are a list of estimating software packages that enable users to estimate ProPress jobs:
            1) Fast Pipe (www.fastest-inc.com, 800.828.7108)
            2) Wendes (www.wendes.com,847.634.6624)
            3) QuickPen (www.quickpen.com,800.234.3758)
            4) Estimation (www.estimation.com,800.275.6475)5)
            5) AccuBid (PENDING)(www.accubid.com,800.222.8243)

[ 11-23-2003, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Ed McKiernan ]

Comment

Working...
            X