X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProPress & Incomplete Water Shut-off

Can you use ProPress to join copper pipes when you cannot get complete water shutdown?
    Does wet pipe at connectors have any role in the performance of the joint? I also like the idea of no flame for service work - do you know of any reduced insurance benefits from strickly using ProPress only in lieu of a torch?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sam:
    Can you use ProPress to join copper pipes when you cannot get complete water shutdown?
    Does wet pipe at connectors have any role in the performance of the joint? I also like the idea of no flame for service work - do you know of any reduced insurance benefits from strickly using ProPress only in lieu of a torch?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, The first two questions are easy. Yes, you can join copper even with incomplete water shut-off. And no, wet pipe will not affect the performance of the joint.

As for insurance benefits, i do not know the answer. But I suspect it will not reduce your insurance.

Comment

The Pro Press system could have been very helpful last week when I replaced a shutoff valve and boiler drain for washer. I had a incomplete shutoff and the steam caused by the water just aggravated me, my former Vo-tech teacher told be a trick of stuffing a piece of hard roll into the pipe to block the dripping water but was worried it would not be flushed through the stop and waste valve, a ball valve would have ensured it would have blasted the bread out if that was what I was replacing.

So how much does it take to get a cordless or electic pro press tool and head set and what are all the tool companys that make them, I know pm mag has a lot of vega propress fitting adds.
      Andrew S. DeCecco<br />Sunny D HVAC<br />archblackmage@yahoo.com<br />aim archblackmage

Comment

If you call Ridge Tool's Customer Service Department at 888-743-4333, they will help you find a distributor that carries press tools and fittings.

Comment

JUST PURCHASED A CORDLESS SYSTEM FROM OUR TRADE SHOW LAST WEEK. THE 320 E CORDLESS WITH 1/2'' - 2'' DIES/ JAWS. LISTED FOR $2800. GOT IT OUT THE DOOR FOR $2175. GOOD LUCK SHOPPING.
          PS THE 2.5'',3'',4'' WITH ACTUATOR IS AN EXTRA $1550. I'LL WAIT UNTIL I NEED IT.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I will shop around for the Rigid and other company propress systems and will buy one whenever I can right it off as a business expense or word for a companywilling to invest in one.
            Andrew S. DeCecco<br />Sunny D HVAC<br />archblackmage@yahoo.com<br />aim archblackmage

Comment

Working...
            X