X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by D.McLean:
    I would like to hear from someone in the field who has first-hand experience. I am curious to know how close the tolerances have to be for the crimping to be successful. I.E. -- Leaks?, vibration or water hammer problems?
    D. McLean
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're still interested, I can send you some detailed test data from tests (vibration, thermocycling, torsion, water hammer, etc) performed by an independent laboratory this year. Let me know.

Comment

I could definately see this product as the future for housing,but have they tested it's strength against sil-floss brazing? I don't see this product ever being approved for med-gas systems.

------------------

Comment

I would appreciate it if you did list the States and Cities that have already approved the system. I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area.

Comment

Adnshel,

ProPress is fully compliant with the ICC's International Plumbing Code, IAPMO's Uniform Plumbing Code, as well as most other codes followed in the U.S. For Ohio specifically, ProPress was approved by State Plumbing Inspector, Gary Krebs, earlier this month. For Kentucky, the Commonwealth's Legislative Review Committee (LRC)approved ProPress for use in October 2000. Please contact me at 440-329-4454 if you would like to discuss our current state in other states or local jurisdictions.

Comment

For emergency service and repair work ProPress is a real winner. Especially when there's water in the line.

However, justifying the expense of the tool and accessories is kind of hard to swallow, not to mention full list price when buying the fittings.

A major concern about buying outright is that I don't see how you're going to keep it out of the Home Depot Rental Department for $20.00 per day. I'd wager $10. that its there in a year.

For now I'm going to keep borrowing my reps demo tool until he says NO.

If you come up with some super incentives let me know.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber:
              For emergency service and repair work ProPress is a real winner. Especially when there's water in the line.

However, justifying the expense of the tool and accessories is kind of hard to swallow, not to mention full list price when buying the fittings.

A major concern about buying outright is that I don't see how you're going to keep it out of the Home Depot Rental Department for $20.00 per day. I'd wager $10. that its there in a year.

For now I'm going to keep borrowing my reps demo tool until he says NO.

If you come up with some super incentives let me know.
              <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for your interest in ProPress ArizonaPlumber! Have you actually used ProPress or are you just considering it? If you're a user, what was your experience? What were the advantages and disadvantages?

Regarding the cost of the tool, I invite you to contact your local RIDGID representative and ask him to perform a cost comparison on soldering vs. pressing a system. Often times users will achieve a payback on the tool on the first job.

Finally, while some there may be some demand for a rental tool, experience from launching this system in Europe (by our partner Viega) shows that these tools quickly become indispensible to plumbers and that the rapid payback justifies buying one. Initial feedback from plumbers here in the U.S. tells us that American plumbers feel the same way. We hope that you become a loyal ProPress user. What would it take for you to use ProPress on your next major project?

[This message has been edited by Ed McKiernan (edited 01-22-2001).]

Comment

Do they have baseboard that you can use the ProPress on where you live in Europe?
                <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jan:
                Here in Europe the system exist already since a few years. I do use it myself. Until now in Belgium it was only admitted for water purposes but today in the Netherlands and in Germany you can buy special parts for gas distribution too.
                Guys, this is really the future. You do not loose time, there is a large quantity of different parts. The more it is used, the cheaper it will become.
                Very important is that you learn installers how to work with it. For example, we had a guy who did cut all pipes and fitted them with the press parts without pressing. He was going to do that at the end. When he started he forgot a few because he had no system. Tell them to press immediately after finishing a small part or to double check their works !!
                <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Working...
                X