Do not do this! Unless you have to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not do this! Unless you have to

So we where doing a serious water line replacement, everything is going wrong but you rock on, there was a huge tree and could not mole under it 3 feet 5 feet no go, so I decide to temp 3/4 of her line in for the night as it was getting late needed to propress 4 fittings get everything set up and go to press dead battery, next battery dead as well, the charger is back at my house and it will take me 3 hours to make the round trip and all my guys on other jobs can't break away either. I don't want to work till 9:00 on this. So I grabbed a 18volt ridgid battery this is the old propress 100b so it is 14 volt. And I jump + to + and - to -, hold till I feel the bottom of the battery just start to get hot about 1 min. Put the multi meter on it and it's about 75% charged went and finished my connections and made it home by 7:00. Do not do this unless you must like I did it can smoke the battery just sharing a little.
    Attached Files
    Seattle Drain Service

It's only crazy if it doesn't work!
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

1 of the reasons why I also carry the corded propress tools. Never without power.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

• NHMaster3015
        NHMaster3015 commented
        Editing a comment
        So you have to have two? So we is lookin at about five thousand dollars out of pocket cause we needs a back up in case the other one is dead ???????. Its hard enough to amortize the 1st one let alone two. Shaking my head in wonderment and disbelief but hey....I don't use water soluble flux LOL (thought I'd get that in 1st)
        Last edited by NHMaster3015; 05-16-2014, 11:02 AM.

Yea I have the corded unit but I think of it as my big propress and only pack it if there are 1.5" on up lines. I didn't even have my hand viega tools and they where expensive come to think of it.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Ingenious. Time to change your name to MacGyver Plumbing. I am set up the same on my propress, but my cordless tool is Milwaukee. The nice thing is I can go to any HD and get a battery or a charger in a pinch. No directional boring for you?

Comment

You just won the smart Monkey award ! Pick up Your bananas at the next ridgid Ho Down
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yep, dead batteries, cords......ain't technology wonderful LOL All I need to do is make sure I have gas in the tank.

Propress - 2 to 4 grand depending on options

Turbo Torch - 2 to 4 HUNDRED depending on options
            Jet-Swet The whole kit about 250
            Last edited by NHMaster3015; 05-16-2014, 11:05 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
              Ingenious. Time to change your name to MacGyver Plumbing. I am set up the same on my propress, but my cordless tool is Milwaukee. The nice thing is I can go to any HD and get a battery or a charger in a pinch. No directional boring for you?
              Was no good starting point for the directional drill because the sewer and gas and tree where all right in the same spot so the mole was a better, safer choice. I have 2 of the 920's now and believe me I want to use them every chance I can. lol
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

• NHMaster3015
                NHMaster3015 commented
                Editing a comment
                You have too or they will never pay themselves off. Its like the guys making monthly payments on a 25 thousand dollar Harley. They are on the road every chance they get, rain or shine (some during a snowstorm) hoping to justify the expense.

BTW, in business it doesn't matter if you own it outright or borrowed money to buy it. It depreciates no matter how the expense was made.

I have 2 of the 920 directional drills NH because I bought them used when they where already depreciated. I try to have 2 of all our most used major tools that can't really be rented or replaced cheap on a moments notice. like pipe bursters, pipe fusion equipment etc.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

So what you have done to over come from this problem?????????
                Drainage Maintenance Coventry Bedworth Nuneaton

Comment

You would have made one Hell of a Marine ! " Semper Fi Brother "
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Yep, dead batteries, cords......ain't technology wonderful LOL All I need to do is make sure I have gas in the tank.

Propress - 2 to 4 grand depending on options

Turbo Torch - 2 to 4 HUNDRED depending on options
                    Jet-Swet The whole kit about 250

Yes but my guys had just finished a total repipe of a house and going to make last tie-in at water meter and ran out of gas, no other close to help out !
                    after that all my trucks carried two b-tanks ! no more running out on the job but just goes to show that murphy can strike no matter how you do work
                    Last edited by JERRYMAC; 02-19-2015, 10:51 AM.
                    JERRYMAC
                    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                    X