No announcement yet.

4" Copper Repairs are no sweat with ProPress

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" Copper Repairs are no sweat with ProPress

This is a re-post of a hotel job that we completed in an hour. A local union contractor had two journeymen on the job all day with oxy/acetylene torches trying to stop the leak. The only thing they accomplished was to de-solder the fitting which blew out at 9pm at night. It took an hour, from the time we got the call, until we got the water back on. The hotel lost no revenue, due to guests complaints.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Hour Remove and Replace.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	551.3 KB
ID:	18698

Leaking 4" fittings above a suspended ceiling, in a 5 story hotel.

Name:	Confined space leak 4in.JPG
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	18699

Combination of Sweat 45 with grooved nipples, Vic 90 and 2-ProPress Couplings (1) shown, the other about 10' behind the Vic 90 due to limited access.

Name:	ProPress Vic Rpr.JPG
Size:	930.4 KB
ID:	18700

4" 45's leaking behind a 500 gallon storage tank on 3rd floor of hotel. Sheetrock furred out 4" on a block wall.

Name:	4in 45's Leaking.jpg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	18701

Replacement of the 45's took two really skinny guys to squeeze back in there.
    Job completed in under an hour.
    Two other bids were taken. One planned on moving both the boiler, which is in front of the tank, and the tank to access and make the repairs. The other planned on breaking out the block wall to access and solder in new fittings.
    Major problem was they couldn't guarantee to have the water back on by 4pm. A six hour window.
    My bid was the highest, which they happily paid.

Name:	4in. 45's Repair.jpg
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	18702

Can't wait for Ridgid to come out with a tool that will weigh a set of drawings, do an itemized take off of the material and labor, do the work and just send me a check.

looking good arizona.

the xl fittings are no longer legal in calif due to the laed content. but the xlc are.

phoebe it is

No lead required here as well, but you can use up your older stock. Which I have now done.