Opinions on new propress tool please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on new propress tool please

I am look to purchase a compact press tool. I am interested in the 12v Milwaukee logic or the 18v ridgid rp200b. Looking for opinions or input from those of you have experience with either one of these tools. Thanks in advance. Jim

We are using the 200b daily and love it. Light, fast and strong, did not consider Milwaukee. We get great service from our local Ridged rep.

David

Comment

I am using a Ridgid RP 210-B 18-Volt Press Tool but 200-B is also good and a compact tool but i don't get it comfortable and balanced on caching it. For me Ridgid RP 210-B 18-Volt Press Tool is better, it is heavier but good.

Comment

I really like my RP-200B. I've used the earlier, heavier, first generation ones. I think this one is almost perfect.

Comment

if the 12 volt milwaukee is anything like their other 12 volt tools, avoid it.

i use all ridgid and a compact nibco too.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have most of the Milwaukee 12 volt tools and love them. Used and abused 5 days a week without a problem. The Milwaukee Propress tool is a work horse! It's smaller and lighter vs it's competition. I've used the Ridgid, sorry but it just doesn't compare. I also use the Milwaukee tubing cutter, don't even remember what it's like to cut copper by hand anymore! What a great tool! Never seen anyone go back after using one. Also the mini sawzall is the Shizzle and gets the job done. You need to hold the Milwaukee in one hand and the Ridgid in your other. You'll see what I mean, the Ridgid is awkward and off balanced. The Milwaukee feels like an extension of my hand, sort of like channel locks! LOL

Comment

I have a milwaukee. Had it in for repair twice already. 2nd time was replaced under warranty . I have a bunch of the m12 tools. Hackzall, Pvc cutter, copper cutter , 1/2" hammer drill, Palm nailer, impact . All are very useful, but there can be problems. It's comvenient for me though as I have a ton of batteries.
              Also, the m12 can fit into spaces the ridgid compact tools can only dream of. The milwaukee paid for itself on a couple of jobs that I wouldn't have been able to do with other tools
              My backup is a ridgid ct-400. Bullet proof but heavy.

Comment

I too keep the 400 for the big stuff. 2.5-4" xlc fittings. With the xlc I have the swivel / universal joint type jaws. Yes heavy, but heavy duty for a reason.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

My 2 Ridgid 200b's are used daily with zero problems. I would buy a 3rd but then my 330 would get shelved and that's hard to accept mentally. Unfortunately I keep the 330 in my van as my 2 plumbers do the bulk of the work. So I get stuck using the heavy tool.

David

Comment

I have used the ProPress copper system many times on pipe as large as 4". I trust our pipefitters and welders.

Comment

hi Grizz

There is something for you

Drain Repairs Coventry Bedworth Nuneaton

Comment

I'll stick with Ridgid.................

Comment

one more Ridgid user like us
                          Drain Repairs Coventry Bedworth Nuneaton

Comment

Working...
                          X