37 degree flared fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37 degree flared fittings

Looking for an alternative to using hoses for pump tie-ins. The pumps we use are 3:1 and 5:1 for oil and antifreeze with grease needing 50:1. Fittings are all class 3000 with sch 40, 80 black iron. In an attempt to make the install look cleaner I would like to make all tie-ins from piping to pump out of tubing. Are the flares from a Ridgid 377 37 degree flaring tool the same as JIC? Who is a good source for fittings? Thanks
    Last edited by LibertyTank; 07-22-2018, 04:40 PM.

McMaster Carr has a great selection of fittings and good cross reference online.

Www.Mcmastercarr.com

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

• LibertyTank
      LibertyTank commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome site thank you.

Watch the specs on the flared fittings, some are mil spec for aviation or aerospace.

Comment

Most hydraulic supply stores will have good selection or access to a good selection, most likely even NAPA, should have access to them, (in the country I can get most anything from NAPA, and if not try John Deere, or even Case IH,

When I built my backhoe, I use JIC fittings, and bought from "surplus center" https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/ and I ordered steel tubing from another hydraulic supply place, and some of the valves and other,

Surplus Center even has premade Hydraulic hoses in JIC ends,
      Last edited by BHD; 07-22-2018, 07:25 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

• Bob D.
        Bob D. commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know. I am in need of some replacement hoses for my Dig-It backhoe. I'll have to see what they have and compare to having the hoses made up locally.
        I need some pins and bushings and a cylinder rebuild kit too.

• BHD
        BHD commented
        Editing a comment
        Baum Iron or there new name Baum Hydraulics of Omaha Nebraska, have a very large selection of rebuild kits for hydraulic cylinders, https://www.baumhydraulics.com/
    Working...
    X