Laser level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser level

Anyone ever used the billet laser level?

I don't think any of us at the shop use Ridgids version, but I think they are about all the same. They might get occasional use but more useful is a line laser becuase you don't have to have the dot in line with your work. Instead you have a broad line where you can have more flexibility to dimension things like elevations to set supports or pipe.

One flaw they do have is you cannot get them wet, it destroys the electronics. They can also be a little larger than a standard torpedo level. Most of us use a compact Stabila level which is about 1 1/2" x 3" or a smaller Greenlee billit evel which about 5" long.

Comment

I agree with you on everything. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I wonder when a laser app will be available to load on a smart phone.

Last edited by Bob D.; 12-26-2018, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I recently bought the argco laser level that screws into the end of a fitting. They work pretty good for when you have to make holes in walls and don't have anything to really measure off of or the pipe is on a grade. The little laser head attachment is adjustable with the supplied allen wrench. just a shade pricey but well worth it when you consider drilling a giant hole for a little pipe to pass through.

Comment

They are a good source for trade specific tools and material. We buy a number of things from them mostly super dope and regular dope n tape, all thread rod chasers and some other things. Good supplier if your in sprinklers.

Best wishes in the New Year!

Comment

Working...
            X