Sharkbite - what is ht ebiggest size available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharkbite - what is ht ebiggest size available

Evening everyone. Another question from downunder. What is the biggest size sharkbite fittings available. looking for the proverbial "plan B" with a difficult repair on a main riser. Put out the question to Sharkbite Australia but havent heard back yet.

sharkbite couplings come in a maximum size of 2"x2". The part number is UXL0154
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

• Cleanmen2
      Cleanmen2 commented
      Editing a comment
      PP,THANKYOU for responding. Can you direct me to a supplier in the US who stocks the 2" fittings.I cant find a catalogue with these in it online, without being too much of a pain do you have any links to help me with this.

Unfortunately we dont have the big sizes here DOWNUNDER. Bugga................

Comment

Can anyone please give me the link, if there is one, for the 2" sharkbite fittinggs. Also if anyone know s who stocks these fittings or are they order-in. Still trying to fix a problem without risking a "Towering Inferno".......

BTW, THANKYOU IN ADVANCE from way downunder

Comment

http://bim.sharkbite.com/category/sharkbite-2xl

Are your pipe sizes same as ours.

2" copper is 2 1/8" od 2.125"

Just looked up the Australian site. Looks like 25mm is your largest avaliable fitting.

http://www.sharkbite.com.au/product-...pper-push-fit/

Rick.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-03-2019, 09:21 AM.
        phoebe it is

Comment

• Cleanmen2
          Cleanmen2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rick, yeah I am aware that you guys are using Imperial as opposed to metric that we use. Thing is we are trying to avoid welding the repair as the fire risk is huge. What we have is "copper-alloy pipe" also known here(not sure about over there) as 70/30 brass pipe. It is different to copper although related. It is extremely thin and some find it difficult to weld. I did a lot of this pipe years ago, and as you know Rick, just needs a little less haste and a lotof concentration and anything is easy. Dont have much room between adjoining pipes in the riser and so thought if we could use something ike sharkbite it would be a whole lot eaasier and definitely safer. Max. pressure will be around 60psi. If I had a little more room I would use the press system but that cant happen. Rick, looking for options and alternatives but reckon I am screwed on this one.

Agreed with Rick - pipes in Australia are probably in metric - I know that the pipes sizes in the UK are metric - and so a US fitting is unlikely to work. You will need to find a metric fitting for your pipe size and hopefully that exists.

Comment

Working...
        X