Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Propress Users in here?

Originally posted by Ozone89 View Post
    I enjoy talking with all of you guys/gals..glad to find some other Professionals who love to talk about our Trade.
    I'am so glad i can help

Kidding ,honestly i don't know nothing about plumbing so i'm trying to find every excuse to take a break from my studying

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
      Found it,it was 1994 in europe and 1999 in north america
      Savings in material cost is one of ProPress G’s key benefits,Copper is less expensive than flexible, corrugated, stainless steel tubing. It is also widely available and has a professional appearance because it maintains its form.

Is that it? not sure what year this article was written
      Viega Contact:
      RIDGID Contact:
      Christine Washburn
      781-275-3122
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      ProPress G™ Connects Copper Fuel Gas Piping
      Quickly and Safely
      May 2005 – Viega North America and Ridge Tool Company now offer a copper piping
      system that is approved for natural gas, LP gas and fuel oil installations. The new
      ProPress G™ system is the latest addition to the popular ProPress® System used
      worldwide to join copper tubing for water applications.
      Like the ProPress System for copper water piping, ProPress G uses special 1/2" to 2" Viega
      copper fittings, along with Ridgid hydraulic pressing tools. The tools are fitted with
      interchangeable jaws that come in nine sizes to fit a wide range of piping applications.
      The ProPress System has been used in thousands of installations throughout North America
      since 1999 and since 1994 in Europe. The proven reliability of hundreds of millions of
      connections convinced major industrial and government approval bodies around the world to
      approve ProPress G for gas applications.
      Savings in material cost is one of ProPress G’s key benefits. Copper is less expensive
      than flexible, corrugated, stainless steel tubing. It is also widely available and has a
      professional appearance because it maintains its form.
      Viega ProPress G fittings have the same quality and design as traditional Viega
      ProPress fittings, but they have a yellow sealing element composed of a high-
      performance hydrogenated nitrile butadiene rubber (HNBR) designed to last the life of
      the tubing. The fittings also feature a yellow marking to identify them as gas fittings
      The ProPress System has been used in thousands of installations throughout North America
      since 1999 and since 1994 in Europe. The proven reliability of hundreds of millions of
      connections convinced major industrial and government approval bodies around the world to
      ProPress G™ Connects Copper Fuel Gas Piping
      Quickly and Safely
      not bad research, problem is wrong propress. the g is gas applications.

same fittings, different o-rings.

the introduction of propress was in the late 80's in germany. it hit north america in 2000.

i will post a photo, since i can't scan it right now of my paperwork from viega.

rick.
      Attached Files
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
        not bad research, problem is wrong propress. the g is gas applications.

same fittings, different o-rings.

the introduction of propress was in the late 80's in germany. it hit north america in 2000.

i will post a photo, since i can't scan it right now of my paperwork from viega.

rick.
        I told you i don't know nothing about plumbing,i saw the word propress and that's what i researched. Have no clue what you are talking about

But thanks for the correction. We europeans are so much ahead/not

mrs wc
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Ozone89 View Post
          I enjoy talking with all of you guys/gals..glad to find some other Professionals who love to talk about our Trade.
          Just jumping into this chat a lil' late..Ozone, I'm with you on your views of all the "new and improved" stuff coming out...I'll just wait and see if anything blows up like PB did.

Comment

Dang OZONE,
            I'm sorry I missed this one last week.

Can you imagine how the plumbers felt a few decades ago when A.B.S. came out to replace bell and spigot with lead and oakum.

How horrified they must have been to see a no hub coupling.

I absolutely feel for your frustration for the decline in the trades.

Adam

Comment

Working...
            X