Veteran's Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran's Day

I'm not a veteran myself, but some of my favorite plumbers are. So I would like to wish good tidings to those who have served with self- sacrifice.

I also hope our boys and girls get home by Christmas. I know it won't happen, but maybe if we put enough pressure on, we can make it happen.

Sorry if this seems political, but our children have been there for a long time.
    the dog

I'm with you Dog. Also, I do not consider your post political in nature.
    The meaning of Veteran's Day is lost on many unfortunately.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

flew the flag

I am a Vet! Navy type here.
      I won the lottery in 1969 and enlisted in the Navy.
      I worked on the electrical systems of the A-4 skyhawk jet.

I was only one of three houses that flew the flag in my neighborhood..so sad!

Cactus Man

Comment

I did not serve but I have two sons who are vets one of which just got back from Iraq. I have a 30' flag pole at home with a flood light on it and the flag flies 24/7. It is important to remember those who protect our liberties.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks dog, I knew the day would come when you'd get around to saying something nice about me.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Retired Army here did a full 20 years. Retired 1 January 2001. Been enjoying retirement and woodworking as a hobby ever since.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Nice to read your views guys! Having done 8 years in the RAF, with Belfast and the Falklands, and 7 years i the Royal Danish Air Force, it gives a warm feeling to read your comments. My son appreciates it too, he's in Afghanistan right now,serving with the Danish forces & sends his regards, & thanks for the American support he's getting down there.

Comment

Working...
              X