X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Plumber-K1500 drop head attachments

Just a few queries on the k1500 sectional I just bought one what are the tricks as far as getting them around right angle drop down bends.
    I have a trap leader but still having trouble getting around.
    I have seen various fittings with a universal type joint that allows it to drop down the pipe.
    I am considering making something up.

greg, probably not a good idea to use a 1.25'' cable on a back to back fitting. i would make sure the snake is into the main and not a back to back tee. even a san tee is tight. the trap leader is a softer more flexiable leader and should allow for access to 3'' pipe.

another thought is to switch to 7/8'' cable and jaws and clean 2-4'' pipe.

i've used drop head leaders on smaller cables with little luck. i have better luck from the roof vent or running in reverse to get past a tight fitting.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

K1500 query

I was thinking about making a adaptor out of a universal joint with a taper on the back side of it to make it easier to get it out of the square junction.
      I was wondering if any one else has some thoughts on this.
      Reghards
      Greg

Comment

K1500 question

Just clarifying k1500 question when cleaning the 4 inch line from the house in australia we come to the sewer point.When I push the cable to the sewer point it hits the back of the juction even with a trap leader on.
        Could I trying going around it not using H or C cutter but using say a straight auger?
        Reagrds
        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
          Just clarifying k1500 question when cleaning the 4 inch line from the house in australia we come to the sewer point.When I push the cable to the sewer point it hits the back of the juction even with a trap leader on.
          Could I trying going around it not using H or C cutter but using say a straight auger?
          Reagrds
          Greg

greg, not sure what you're describing downunder

time for a field trip

maybe a picture or drawing of the "sewer point, back of the junction"

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

k - 1500

Greg

Getting around a square junction is hit and miss.4 x 4 more so than 6 x 4. A "C "cutter probably has the best chance in my experience, especially in reverse.But easy does it.

Its a pain to move the machine, but if you can, rod from the top of the vertical to the main.Unless youre clear through to the main youre not really clear.

Slightly off topic but never use the description "Clear sewer blockage" on your invoice. I prefer "Rod sewer drain using electric eel".Yes its a generic term.

regards

Josh

Comment

I find the shark tooth cutter attachment best for getting around gullys. Old clay pipe gullys you have no probs but on pvc gullys its a struggle.

Comment

Working...
              X