X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tool idea

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me? I have had a new tool idea for a while now and i have sent letters to ridgid telling them i have had this idea for a while now and even have it drafted out but no one seems to care? i would like this to be a ridgid tool since its the only brand i use, but i just cant seem to get my point across. thanks

I WILL assume you are not interested in filling us in on your tool idea for obvious potential copyright reasons? [img]smile.gif[/img]

although ridgid is the industry standard for plumbing, there are many many other quality manufacturers of hand tools that might be interested in your design.

the majority of the pliers i own are made by Channellock....best on the market in my opinion. however there are a few types of pliers that channellock does not make which has forced me to go elsewhere. when i asked them if they had any intentions of releasing a similar item, they said that the item i was asking for was very trade specific and that i would be better off loking elsewhere. so i bought from knipex and klein

anyway if ridgid is not interested, i suggest 2 things

1) try to get face to face with someone at ridgid that can make the decision. it is possible that someone other than that person looks at all ideas and dismisses the ones he or she doesnt like...which doesnt mean the approving authority even saw it

2) offer your idea to some other toolmakers and see what they think

3) approach a local tool and die maker and see if they might be interested.

if it is a beneficial tool, one of these outlets will recognize that and respond accordingly

hope this helps
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

hey thanks for the advice, and i know what you mean, by vary, in tools i do the same, thanks again

Comment

please be so kind as to when your idea is accepted for mfgr..fill me in on it? i am curious

thanks
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Hey, spacebluesonoma, so far i got a reply from craftsman tool, and ridgid, i responded to ridgid they are sending me an inventers pack, they also appoligised very much for not geting back to me. i will look the info over and will see what happens, ill keep you informed as to whats going on! talk you later

Comment

Working...
          X