X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 pipers piping

watch "plumber rick" have his short 15 seconds of fame as a "mob member" on the show "1 versus 100"

it's on this monday night at 10:00 pm on nbc.

try to guess which one i am

don't blink as i, we didn't last too long

save the "dogging" till after it airs.

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-24-2006, 10:07 PM.
    phoebe it is

Give us a hint of what you were wearing Rick.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

all 11 pipers/ plumbers are wearing overalls supplied by the show. the group of plumbers are the 1st. row from the top. just under the 12 usc trojan drummers. i'm one of the 11

not sure if there are any closeups. i will be watching too for the first time.

i know i will get dogged on by the dog but it was not as simple as it looks.

all of you that watch can and will tease me for it but i made no $$ for being a loser,left early and i went to work afterwards and made $$.

i will explain after the show airs. can't really discuss too much yet.

it will be a pick on rick field day then.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Ill try my darndest to catch it tonight.

If I dont get to see it someone will have to rip it post the clip....rrr maybe im not supposed to say that. hmm
        anyways... Ill try and catch it tonight.

Merry Christmas,

Josh

Comment

Well I saw you 4 minutes in glory. Hey.. at least only 2 of the 11 pipers piping got the question right. I wont make fun of you though.. my dad initially got it wrong and he is a teacher I had to tell him to read the question again.

anyways.. I dont know if your mug made it on the broadcast or not. Did you make it on camera?

Josh

Comment

thanks josh

here is the issue why i and so many others got it wrong. we are given 10 seconds to read the question, and to think about it and answer it. we can't change our answer even if there is time remaining. i knew after i punched in the answer, that i was wrong.

what i didn't know was so many others got it wrong too. the word parallel was what i was focused on, not perpendicular. the contestant actually spent over 5 minutes on it. they had to edit it out for time.

the funny part was that the remaining 45 still in the game got to split the $1000. equals $22.22 each. we ate lunch on them and i went off to work and made more than $22. that afternoon.

sorry to let all of the plumbers down, but i usually spend more than 10 seconds on answering your plumbing questions

happy holidays to all and a happy new year.

plumber rick and mrs. seat down

p.s. didn't make it on a close up. i was on the left side away from the boom cameras. although the 1st guy out was just 1 below and a couple over. that's as close as i got to the camera shot.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-26-2006, 04:13 AM. Reason: added the p.s.
            phoebe it is

Comment

What was the Q? I didn't get to see it (just reading this for the first time this AM). I did not even power up the computer yesterday.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                What was the Q? I didn't get to see it (just reading this for the first time this AM). I did not even power up the computer yesterday.
                OK, FOR ANYBODY INTERESTED, HERE IS THE QUESTION. YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO READ IT FROM ACROSS THE ROOM AND ANSWER IT CORRECTLY ON THE FIRST TRY. NO CHANGING YOUR ANSWER.

"IF SANTA CLAUSE PROPERLY PARALLEL PARKED HIS SLEIGH, WHICH SIDE IS PERPENDICULAR TO THE CURB"

A- THE PASSENGERS SIDE

B- THE DRIVERS SIDE

C- THE BACK SIDE

REMEMBER ONLY 10 SECONDS TO READ IT FROM ACROSS THE ROOM/ STAGE AND ANSWER IT CORRECTLY WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR ANSWER EVEN IF YOU STILL HAD TIME LEFT. 54 OUT OF 100 MISSED IT.
                OF COURSE I KNOW THE CORRECT ANSWER, BUT I MISINTERPRITED THE ORIGINAL WORDING. EASY TO DO

THE ANSWER IS "C". THE BACK SIDE IS PERPENDICULAR TO THE CURB. THE CONFUSION WAS THE ORIGINAL WORD "PARALLEL".

I WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN

ps. for those that watced the show i was #75 and was on the top left side of screen. the boom cameras were on the right side of the mob, so not much air time or mug shots the remaining 45 (1 lost in first round) mob members split the $1000. so they got $22.22 each and it takes 6 weeks to get the check after it aired. i went back to work after lunch and made alot more than $22.22 and got paid right when i finished

rick

thanks for all that watched the show. thanks dog for not giving me s**t.
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-28-2006, 02:39 AM. Reason: WORDING
                phoebe it is

Comment

"thanks dog for not giving me s**t."

Rick, would that be properly classified as Dog S**t ?
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  ---------
                  ---------

Comment

bob, i think i remember dog being out of town for the holdays

i hope there is more post than just "11 pipers piping" by the time he gets back and reads this or the s**t is really going to hit the fan

by the way bob, how did you do on the question

i know you got it correct, but i think i still won more $$ than the people that got it right on the show

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry to tell you Rick but I messed up too. DOH!

The parallel park bit is what caught me too. I was not thinking of the rear of the sleigh, but the side. I was thrown off by the wording.

Just proves that is easy to fool (or trip up) most of the people most of the time.

What we thought we read is not always what was necessarily written.

Kinda goes with that old adage;

'Measure twice; cut once', doesn't it?
                      ---------------
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

Rick,

I did a little better on the question but then again those "big technical" words don't give me as much trouble as they do some of the other guys.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          Sorry to tell you Rick but I messed up too. DOH!

The parallel park bit is what caught me too. I was not thinking of the rear of the sleigh, but the side. I was thrown off by the wording.

Just proves that is easy to fool (or trip up) most of the people most of the time.

What we thought we read is not always what was necessarily written.

Kinda goes with that old adage;

'Measure twice; cut once', doesn't it?
                          bob, don't be sorry. like i said i knew the right answer after i read it again. 10 seconds was a little too short to really fully understand the question.

mark, so you get lucky 50% of the time

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            bob, i think i remember dog being out of town for the holdays

i hope there is more post than just "11 pipers piping" by the time he gets back and reads this or the s**t is really going to hit the fan

by the way bob, how did you do on the question

i know you got it correct, but i think i still won more $$ than the people that got it right on the show

rick.
                            Rick,

This is the first time I read this. I've been out of town, working a fair distance from town, had a death in the family, and went through the holiday season.

I read your question, answered it in less then ten seconds, and.............got it wrong. I see what you mean. If you don't look closely, it's easy to get it wrong, especially if you are under the gun.

I'd like to see it. Did someone tape it? If so put it on "youtube".
                            the dog

Comment

Working...
                            X