Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tool Investments.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums, just thought I'd get some advice.

For an apprentice, aside from the basics, what are some good tools to pick up?

Just curious what everyone considers the best tools are to get once you've been in for a little bit and want to add to the toolbox. What gets used a lot? Whats good to have on your own? Whats just plain fun? What tool can you not live without?

Thanks,
    Plumbergirl21

Rigid water pump pliers i can not live without. they seem to be used as every tool because they are always in my back pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbergirl21 View Post
      For an apprentice, aside from the basics, what are some good tools to pick up?
      After the basic hand tools, a good cordless combo kit with a couple extra batteries. What's your major area of work? Commercial,residential,industrial... Service,installation,renos...

What gets used a lot?
      A good radio.

Whats good to have on your own?
      The more the better. Anything that will make your work easier/faster/better.

Whats just plain fun? What tool can you not live without?
      My mp3 player/cell phone and my laptop
      You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahead View Post
        After the basic hand tools, a good cordless combo kit with a couple extra batteries. What's your major area of work? Commercial,residential,industrial... Service,installation,renos...
        The tools are mostly for on my own time, I have no problem getting them when I'm working.

On my time I like doing home renovations and some basic repair work. I also just like tinkering around my workshop, fixing anything up I can get my hands on. I don't do much outside of my job (aside from my house/my parents/close family) right now as I'm still learning. Not that I can't do it, I just like to practice practice practice. Next project is redoing the second bathroom in my home and moving a kitchen sink at my grandmothers.

I've actually been eyeing the combo kits over christmas, they are very nice since you can just change the battery from one tool to the next.

I also can't deal without my mp3 player and cell phone...never leaves my side!

Comment

Don't forget one of the most important tools - a Sawzall!

Comment

A very bright flash light helps to solve a lot of my problems

Comment

a 12" s/s set of tweezers.

Comment

Working...
              X