X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing Roots from 4-6" sewer lines

Is anyone using a 6200 machine for clearing roots from 4-6" sewer lines. If so which cable is successful in comparison with the 7500 maching wit a 3/4" cable. I am considering setting a drum for my 6200 with a 3/4" x 75' hollow core for root jobs. any suggesstions?

the 6200 is not rated for 3/4''cable. i use a 7500 with 3/4'' cable and an expanding cutter to clean 6'' pipe from a 4'' c/o. usually if it's real bad or a far run, i use my trailer jetter with a rotating warthog nozzle. a video also makes for an easy job to mark the distance and location to clean properly.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Strongest recommendation for 6200

What is the stongest recommendation to beef-up the 6200 to handle roots. In regards to cable type etc... As fas as the 75' of 3/4 cable in a 6200 though not rated it will work. I intend to purchase a 1500 machine if i continue to get called out on these request. In the mean time i need to beef-up my 6200.

Comment

Originally posted by Piper180 View Post
        What is the stongest recommendation to beef-up the 6200 to handle roots. In regards to cable type etc... As fas as the 75' of 3/4 cable in a 6200 though not rated it will work. I intend to purchase a 1500 machine if i continue to get called out on these request. In the mean time i need to beef-up my 6200.

i believe that the drum is the only reason why the 3/4'' is not recommended. it's too tight of a radius. the motor is the same 4/10 h.p. universal. the auto feed i believe is also the same, although it's a different part #. but adjusted for 5/8'' cable. you need to remove the little shims under the bearing cross bars to allow for 3/4'' spacing. a phone call to tech. services dept. will verify this. if not a good machine shop can bore out the feed to allow for the bearing clerence of 3/4''. call tech. support for the best options.

i still feel that the 5/8'' will do. the cutter and feel of the cable is more critical than the extra 1/8'' of cable.

an inner wound 5/8'' cable will cut roots, but i wouldn't get into anything larger than 6'' try the c-24 iw 100' cable.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Have you considered going to a KM-1500 so you could use a 1 1/4" cable?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Piper180 View Post

mark, the question was making a 5/8'' machine run 3/4'' cable. 1 1/4'' sectional is a hugh jump up. i don't use the 1.25'' cable much. but when the 3/4'' won't do it, i'll load the 1.25'' machine and cable into the truck.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

I understood the question I just hate seeing someone try to do something with the wrong machine. If I wanted a machine for nothing but 4"-6" roots it would be my K-500. However, since that is no longer an option I would go with my KM-1500. Had he asked for a machine for roots up to 4" I might have recommended a 3/4" machine.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
              X