X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharkbite fittings

i am using 1/2" shark bites to join copper and flexible trailor home pipe with good results. I have found that if i have a standard shutoff valve made up I can cut the pipe, slip on the fitting and turn off the valve faster than it takes to turn off the main. Am i missing something here is their a downside to using these sharkbites?

Originally posted by Rodj View Post
    i am using 1/2" shark bites to join copper and flexible trailor home pipe with good results. I have found that if i have a standard shutoff valve made up I can cut the pipe, slip on the fitting and turn off the valve faster than it takes to turn off the main. Am i missing something here is their a downside to using these sharkbites?

I think only time will tell.

I've used the fittings on jobs, but only in crawlspaces, never in walls or attics.

I have been "testing" them on my house for the last few years...so far so good. I recently used the end cap to cap off a line...pretty slick and so easy. Although I always make sure the copper pipe is very clean.

Comment

I am hoping that time will not tell too much. I am using the sharkbites in an condo complex in Winter Park Colorado. for about 1 yr it is saving me time in repairing the plummbing butt minimizing water damage as well. This is a harsh enviornment and the shark bites are allowing me to cost effectively deal with a building that was constructed using the cheapest plumbing availible. my second building was built with copper and does not exibit the leakage the the 1st bld. has. So Far So Good!

Comment

I love the sharkbites. I recently used them in an apartment block where the main wouldn't shut off and they were renovating. So I have a couple in behind walls and I'm hoping nothing ever happens of it. I have also used them in crawl spaces and man does that ever save a lot of time!

Comment

Working...
        X