X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Cutter vs. Jetter

I have a small apt. complex and keep a K-750 for sewer backups and for preventive maintenance.

In reading the threads I read somewhere that a jetter is the ideal solution over using cable for clearing sewer lines.

Is this a consensus opinion or just that of one user?

The reason is, I currently have a pretty nice pressure washer and the the K-750 machine that I could sell and buy a KJ-1350

Would that be a good trade-off or should I stick with my K-750?

Stay with the 750! Jetters are not what most think they are and you need a vac-truck unless you want to flood your working space. Jetters woprk best in large mains not house mains.

Thats my opinion
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

a jetter is best for preventative maintanance. a cable machine is best for stoppages. a jetter will flood out a line until it's cleared. also it works great on long runs and smaller cleanout's to clean larger pipe. a cable can't clean a large pipe from a small opening. a jetter is the best for kitchen lines with grease.

you need to keep the 750 for your mains and get a 1/2'' and 3/8'' machine for smaller lines.

stay away from that 1350. it's way to small for anything over 2'' pipe. not enough pressure or water volume.

for a non-pro, stick with cables. invest in the k-50 sectional machine, and you'll be set for the smaller lines. hire a pro when it comes to jetting.

ps. a jetter is a glorified pressure washer. buy the nozzle that matches your gpm and psi. relist the specs on your machine and i can suggest some combinations. how do you clean your 1.5'' and 2'' lines at this point?

i use both cable machines, sectional machines and jetters of every size from electric 2 h.p through trailer mounted gas jetters. just like a cable machine, there is a jetting machine for every situation. psi and gpm are the issues. the size of the jetting hose , size of the pipe and distance all need to be considered as to what machine is needed.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Cable Cutter vs. Jetter

Nuestra experiencia indica que ambas máquinas se complementan
        La K- 50 y la KJ-1750 son muy buenas máquinas para trabajos de urgencia o de rutina. Solo que la K 50 permite soluciones donde se atascan trapos y la KJ 1750 No.
        Para trabajos de mantenimiento las máquinas hidrojets son especiales , ya que recuperan completamente el diámetro de las cañer*as dejándolos originales

La gran ventaja es que las Hidrojets remueven la suciedad de las paredes de las cañer*as utilizando el agua a presión, dejándolas impecables
        No es una o la otra, son las dos
        desde Argentina
        Hernán Castro
        Cloacas Argentinas

Comment

Originally posted by Cloacas Argentinas View Post
          Nuestra experiencia indica que ambas máquinas se complementan
          La K- 50 y la KJ-1750 son muy buenas máquinas para trabajos de urgencia o de rutina. Solo que la K 50 permite soluciones donde se atascan trapos y la KJ 1750 No.
          Para trabajos de mantenimiento las máquinas hidrojets son especiales , ya que recuperan completamente el diámetro de las cañer*as dejándolos originales

La gran ventaja es que las Hidrojets remueven la suciedad de las paredes de las cañer*as utilizando el agua a presión, dejándolas impecables
          No es una o la otra, son las dos
          desde Argentina
          Hernán Castro

sounds good to me

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            sounds good to me

rick.
            He said:

Our experience indicates that both machines complement each other
            The K - 50 and the KJ-1750 are very good machines for works of urgency or of routine. Only that K 50 allows his solutions where rags and the KJ get stuck 1750 Not.

For works of maintenance the machines hidrojets are special, since they recover completely the diameter of the pipes making them original
            The big advantage is that the Hidrojets removes the dirt of the walls of the pipes using the water to pressure,

------------

I would agree to a point. However, a hydro-jetter in the hands of the inexperienced could be dangerous. As long as he was cautious and stuck to kitchen sink drains I believe the hydro-jetter would compliment the K-50.

Mark

------

Yo estar*a de acuerdo con un punto. Sin embargo, un hydro-jetter en las manos del inexperto podr*a ser peligroso. Mientras él era cauteloso y se atuvo al desagüe de fregadero creo que el hydro-jetter congratular*a el K-50.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
            X