Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure regulator: Choices

Hi,

I currently have a Wilkins Model 70 pressure regulating valve
    and will need to replace it, do you like Wilkins or is a Watts better?

thanks.

Originally posted by jaco View Post
    Hi,

I currently have a Wilkins Model 70 pressure regulating valve
    and will need to replace it, do you like Wilkins or is a Watts better?

thanks.
    What do you own, a strip club? List your occupation and I will give my opinion.
    the dog

Comment

Strip club...NOT

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
      What do you own, a strip club? List your occupation and I will give my opinion.
      Strip club..you're funny, I manage rental property, and do a lot of handyman work, there is an old three bedroom house I manage and the pressure regualtor is leaking, past person did a bad job at sweating the
      connections and need to install a new P.R. The avatar I use was from a old video by the disco all girl group called Company B.

Comment

Strip club..you're funny, I manage rental property, and do a lot of handyman work, there is an old three bedroom house I manage and the pressure regualtor is leaking, past person did a bad job at sweating the
        connections and need to install a new P.R. The avatar I use was from a old video by the disco all girl group called Company B.
        I rarely give advice to disco fans, but I'll make an exception for you. Watts, Wilkins, or any of the name brands are all about the same in performance. If your problem is the connection I would suggest using the same regulator, but hiring a more competent plumber to do the connections. You could save some money.

So in short: keep the regulator, get it repiped, head to your nearest music source and buy some Jimi Hendrix cds.

ps. In my book owning a strip club is cooler than being a disco fan.
        Last edited by plumbdog10; 01-16-2007, 12:03 AM.
        the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
          I rarely give advice to disco fans, but I'll make an exception for you. Watts, Wilkins, or any of the name brands are all about the same in performance. If your problem is the connection I would suggest using the same regulator, but hiring a more competent plumber to do the connections. You could save some money.

So in short: keep the regulator, get it repiped, head to your nearest music source and buy some Jimi Hendrix cds.

ps. In my book owning a strip club is cooler than being a disco fan.
          Thanks, do you know that Jimi Hendrix and Disco are dead?
          Last edited by jaco; 01-16-2007, 12:40 AM.

Comment

the wilkins #70 is an inexpensive regulator compared to the wilkins 600. the nice thing with the #70 is that it is a double union design and is great for tight wall installations

i carry the wilkins 600, 70 and the honeywell brauckman regulators. i typically use the regulator that fits the best.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

jaco: he does not know, the Dog is lost.

I agree with Dog that a SC would be higher on my list than hanging on to disco memories, but I did have some fun with those disco girls back then
              They were pretty fast

Dog: you have all kinds of couth, I'm just trying to figure out where you are hiding it.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                jaco: he does not know, the Dog is lost.

I agree with Dog that a SC would be higher on my list than hanging on to disco memories, but I did have some fun with those disco girls back then
                They were pretty fast
                Plumber Rick, thanks for the advice and Bob D, you're right the girls are fast Heck they still are! I still like disco because more girls will dance to disco then Jimi, of course Jimi knew more about pressure regulators
                than the girls.

Comment

Plumber Rick, thanks for the advice and Bob D, you're right the girls are fast Heck they still are! I still like disco because more girls will dance to disco then Jimi, of course Jimi knew more about pressure regulators
                  than the girls.
                  Jaco,

This post does it!

Just kidding. I suggest you stick with my advice, but if not good luck.
                  the dog

Comment

Working...
                  X