Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Josh I have a NEW problem

Hey Josh I have a NEW problem.
    I bought a 25`- 3/4 Inner core Cable back in September from Ferguson Enterprises. The problem is it`s not Inner core as it broke yesterday. I asked em at Ferguson to look it up and make sure it was a Inner core part number and it was. They said "we don't know what to do as it was boxed and shipped as an Inner core cable but as we see it`s not Inner core."
    Can you help out with this in any way?

BTW.... I don't know who is doing the welding on cable ends but I along with many others have had to reweld the ends on "new" cables.
    I have also lost 2 retrievers in the last 3 months because the welds broke at the ends of the retrievers. Someone needs to look over the welds a little better on the tools and cables. The ends on the retrievers don't seem to be hardened enough either as the ware out pretty fast.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Hey Josh I have a NEW problem

i agree about the weak welds...you shouldnt be losing ends like that unless you are running into tree roots...i think ridgid is starting to cut corners with alot of their products, i cant say im very pleased
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I will have someone take care of you right away all clear. Please Private Mail (PM) me your phone number and mailing address. We need to figure out why the part you got doesnt match the description.

On the quality of the welds on our cables. This is the first I have heard of this. I will make sure our product manager hears about it so he can check into it.

Later,

Josh

Comment

all clear, i don't even bother welding the ends on. i believe it weakens the cable and connector. duracable uses loctite with a primer. never had an issue since

ridgid has switched their inner core to a very weak inner wound cable a number of years back. i was told by the tech dept. that it was to save cost

at that point i switched cable co's. their old inner core was bullet proof. it was a very heavy stranded cable similar to post tension cable.

there was a number of years back i had a run of bad female connectors. the 1/2 turn locking screw was of a weak hardning and it would distort and not allow for the 1/2 turn to rotate to remove i had a couple that didn't last 1 job ridgid sent me some new ones and i returned a bad one for inspection. havn't had a problem since.

hopefully ridgid will return to the better high end inner core. i had 5- 3/4'' x 100' cables and am down to 1. i need to replenish if it returns. otherwise try duracable. i've had good luck.

rick.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 01-19-2007, 12:37 AM. Reason: typo
        phoebe it is

Comment

I just loaded a new 100` 3/4 Inner core cable up last night and had to weld the ends as they looked like they were just spot welded. Duane at Ferguson Enterprises told me that I`m not alone as he`s had one other guy complaining about braking welds and cables at the ends.

PM sent and if you want Duane`s number at Ferguson Enterprises it`s 620-662-1256

Comment

Plumber Rick I am seeing everything you are talking about. Things dont seem to be near as good as they once were. I love my 7500 but it seem`s to love my pocket book as well! I hope we can help them see the light and help keep us working in the sewers not in the shop on our tool`s????? I dont mind spending the money as long as I`m making it, but spending it doing weekly repairs is getting old fast!

Comment

Just printed this off and handed it to our product manager. If it is a case of the cable not being welded well it may just be a case of telling the guy who does the weld to do a better job. Someone who has done the same weld 20 thousand times in the last 5 years may start slacking on attention. Something we can fix.

Thanks for the heads up,

Josh

Comment

I cut my 1 year old Inner core 100` 3/4 cable apart and the Inner core look`s like the cheap cable from home depot I have one of my old one`s laying around and I must say we are getting a screwing by paying the same price for em. What`s up with saving cost if we are paying the same price for a cheap remake. I do not like this new cable at all and now I know why I`v been having so much trouble with em lately. If you want the pro`s to keep buying Ridgid then you better bring back the other Inner core.

OLD Cable

New Cable

Now I have a new 100` cable for my Sink Machine,
                thats what the new Inner core is, RIGHT???....lmao
                and while I`m bitching, what about my 25` cable not being Inner core cable?
                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 01-19-2007, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I got a call from the product manager this morning. Glad to see that Ridgid cares enough to check out problems. Now I`ll kick back and see what happens. Thanks Josh for passing it along.

Comment

Ok now my new 100`, 3/4 inner core is a little short on that sink cable inner core... WTF ?????? 1 week old and it`s bent!

Comment

Was this the inner core that isnt really inner core? as pictured above? or is it actualy inner core that failed after 1 week?

Josh

Comment

inner core that failed after 1 week as theres not enough inner core in the cable. It`s a 100` cable but the inner core "sink cable" is shorter then the 3/4 main cable.

Comment

all clear, is it the very end that is bent as shown in your photo?

the inner core is not going to be as long as the main cable. it has to be a bit shorter to allow for flexing. i always use a flex, hollow core 2' leader on the front end.

you also need to rotate that front guide tube. that's what is killing your feed bearings. too much stress and pressure on the lower 2 bearings. also this is worn from retreiving of the cable. i always help my retreival with my gloves. a front spring guide hose will also help cut out the wear and tear.

what other brands of cable have you tried? what does your competition use for machines and cable.

my buddy has at least 10 main line machines, gorlitz and marco. his guys go through cables like my wife goes through toilet paper

i get about 2 years on average on mine but i also have a few different machines to chose from to fit the job.

good luck.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

BTW.... Ferguson Enterprises said they called and no one has called back yet???

Comment

Rick we rotate the front guide tube with every new cable. The big hole on the side is from the last cable.

The cable bent coming out of the drum not while in a sewer. I have a pig tail, then a 100` then a 25`. The 25` came out just fine but the new 100` came out bent for some reason. It was fine when I spooled it in on the last job. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was glad it happened to me as I wouldn't have believed that story from one of my helpers. It act`s like the extra 25` is just to much for some reason? I have always ran 125` of 3/4 in this machine with out any problem what so ever.
                              I also have a Marco but I like the 7500 best or I use too?
                              I only use Ridgid Cable but I may have to change soon if the problems continue. I cant afford $350.00 a week in cable. I only do Sewer`s so my machine get`s more of a work out then most plumbers machines do. If I can get 1 one year out of a cable I`m happy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X